Author Topic: Upgrading the upgrades *work log*  (Read 16790 times)

Offline h4x0r911

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Upgrading the upgrades *work log*
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 12:47:04 PM »
thats damn sweet xbox 360!

i have a question though, you cut a window in ur dvd drive right? i did the same and i think i made a tutorial on it to, but anyways the question is did the drive get real loud? i cut a window and covered it with clear overhead transparency paper. still to loud! tried putting a book on top while 360 was on, still quite loud. any ideas? am i alone with this problem?

PM me to let me know if you like my SIG!! lol!! or any suggestions or if it breaks forum rules!

Offline Neubit

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • [ nyōō'- bit ]
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 08:55:56 PM »
thats damn sweet xbox 360!

i have a question though, you cut a window in your DVD drive right? i did the same and i think i made a tutorial on it to, but anyways the question is did the drive get real loud? i cut a window and covered it with clear overhead transparency paper. still to loud! tried putting a book on top while 360 was on, still quite loud. any ideas? am i alone with this problem?
I cut my spare dvd drive from my first xbox that broke, i assembled it together yet because i didn't find a chroming solution...

I don't think that it will cause the DVD drive to run any louder, my one is loud as it is with some games and quieter with others, it probably depends where it reads different discs from, they will spin faster when the data is read from the outside of the disc and slower from the inside so that would effect the noise. And some games might have higher priority data written at the end as oppose to others. Its just a theory and could be completely wrong, but try playing different games and see how it effects the sound.

Also it could be coming from you causing minor damage to he drive while modding, try figure out if the sound is cause by the fast spinning disc or by the mechanism itself, the noise could also be caused by the disc hitting the top casing if it got slightly bent while cutting.

Offline h4x0r911

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »
i did a pretty damn clean job. didn't slip anything so i think its not some mechanism. its just the air moving like the disc spinning is loud, it not harsh or anything. just quite loud, louder then my pc! i experimented with it and i believe its the disc spinning fast and when i removed the steel covering that covers the top of the 360 to make a clear window in the 360 that would block the noise but now without it its louder. did you cover your with plexi or something?

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7527.0

this has the pics!

PM me to let me know if you like my SIG!! lol!! or any suggestions or if it breaks forum rules!

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »
Hey where did you get that clear side for the sweet 360
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »
where should i buy that watercooler? and how do i route it?

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »
Neubit is not here atm. Hes on holiday in Russia seeing his family AFAIK

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2008, 03:46:43 PM »
Neubit is not here atm. Hes on holiday in Russia seeing his family AFAIK

He's actually doing his drivers license.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal