Author Topic: Did I fry my...Mobo?  (Read 948 times)

Offline Vanz__

• nou
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Did I fry my...Mobo?
« on: July 18, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »
I just finished my metallic blue PSP 1000. I put two LEDs in each trigger (blue), and swapped all my LEDs (blue too). I also did the USB charge. However, my PSP won't boot. I get no sound, Memory Stick indicator; the screen wont light up either...But my charge LEDs light up when it's charging (both AC charger AND USB cable). Also, my HOLD trigger LEDs work flawlessly. I made sure everything was clean, and nicely done. My PSP buttons all feel nice, everything fits; nothings' feeling wrong. I have tried multiple batteries too. One of which, was my Pandora Battery. The POWER LED light up (like it should).

Now, when I first began this PSP, I wired my HOLD LEDs' POSITIVE wires to the 5V spot on the motherboard (above the speakers). I decided against this, and re-soldered the positive wires to the traditional 3.6V POWERBOARD spot...However, I "smeared" solder on that pad below the 5V spot (is it copper?) but still, I MADE SURE the solder stayed on that pad, and that it was NOT touching anything. I tried removing the solder, but it's almost as if the :censored: transformed into diamonds; I couldn't desolder it for the life of me.

If you read this far, thanks. I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks, - Chris
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 10:30:09 PM by Vanz__ »

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Did I fry my...Mobo?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 12:28:47 AM »
try bridging your blacklight fuse/ power fuse

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 01:01:20 AM »
This could be a case where your mem card leld was not soldered correctly, and your sound fuse and backlight fuse need to be bridged.  Try bridging your fuses first, and then come back and tell us what happens.

Offline Vanz__

• nou
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 01:41:47 AM »
Thanks guys...I can bridge the Backlight fuse and POWER fuse, but last I checked, there's no Sound fuse available for the PSP 1000. Is there?

Post Merge: July 19, 2010, 10:11:54 AM
Well guys, no luck. I bridged the POWER and Backlight fuses; and still nothing. Everything else seems to work (what I said "worked" in my first post). I ordered a new TA-086 from Ebay, I hope the damn thing works; unlike the other motherboards I've ordered from Ebay...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:11:54 AM by Vanz__ »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal