Author Topic: 79001 and ghost case  (Read 4074 times)

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The greatest lovers were murderers first.
79001 and ghost case
« on: December 28, 2007, 03:57:11 PM »
Did anyone have troubles getting a ghost case to fit a newer 79001 PS2?

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
Re: 79001 and ghost case
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 06:53:54 PM »
ive never tried, but im guessing you had some probs with it??
if so what was the problem?
post pics if needed

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 07:07:36 PM »
Not to sound like a ass kisser but the RX-7 is a cool sig.

I can post pics in the morning cause I put the OEM case back together but I can explain.

After I screwd everything in I put in a disc and gave it a boot. The disc was grinding on something, thats when I noticed that the case just didnt fit together right. Im going to do some more fooling around with it tomarrow and find out if it is the insides or if it was just the matching of the silver slims bottom.

Like I said I didnt put the whole case together I just put the clear top on the silver bottom but,.... the black bottom fits the clear top perfect and they do have different insides.

The newer79001 is way smaller on the inside! On the right side where the laser is its just the laser and its track, it dont have any board under it like the 77001 has. The fan is different along with the heat sink also.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »
thx for the comment on the sig

but yeah if theres something grinding on it, check for screwups in the casing, compare the ghost to the OEM, so you can see if anythings different, cuz finding that might help

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »
Heres the bottom of the platinum 79001...

Here is the 77001 ghost case ( take note the smooth surface and the platinum has a riser like setup for the lens cradle )....

Here is one of the 79001 with all the stuff in it.......

THIS SUCKS!! I love my ghost case cause I can use my AR MAX I downloaded. With out the ghost case the hole where the ghost switch fits is to small on the 79001 and at one point while loading the AR MAX I need to flip the switch.

Right now I managed to stuff sticky tack over the sensors like back in the days of the original PS and that works with other back ups but I cant use the boot disk after I load the AR MAX. In order to use the back up after AR MAX I need to put the boot disc back in and flip the switch then put the back up I want the cheats for in, flip the switch back and boot it.

I still have the receipt for the 79001 so I think I am just gunna order a new laser and return the 79001 unless I can contact the ghost case manufacturere and see if they are gunna be makeing ones for the newer slims.

On another note: I got a used Dreamcast for x-mass and that didnt work,... figgures. But now I got store credit and am getting a fatty PS2 to mod with some cool lights, a chip and hard drive :clap:

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 02:33:30 PM »
by AR MAX, you mean Action Replay Max right?
im guessing its more than just a disc now

yeah it would be good to contact them of get a new laser, or even try finding a older version of the slim that avtually works with the case

w/e works better for you is what it comes down to

On another note: I got a used Dreamcast for x-mass and that didnt work,... figgures. But now I got store credit and am getting a fatty PS2 to mod with some cool lights, a chip and hard drive :clap:

nice, we'd liek to see it when its done

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 02:59:43 PM »
Thanks,...... and yes I mean action replay max. Its just that I DL'd it from a torrent and got a bit more extras than what I expected so its kinda hacked.

I have been searching for a older slim but I hear that the newer lens is better and it is also hard to find used around here for some reason. All I can find is the fat PS2's but Im on my way to one of those and would probably get modding done on it in a week or two depending on how fast I can find a lens and have it shipped.

I am just going to order a updated lens, take this one back and use the cash from it to tweak my Fat once I get it as well as buy a smoke ghost case for the slim.

Im really about to just start over cause the hing on my clear lid is busted anyway and I wanna get a smoke case for the slim and get a clear case for the fat so we can see the lights :hifive:

Thanks anyway,... I think I have it under control.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 11:48:35 AM »
nice
sounds like its gonna be awesome when its done   :hifive:
no prob for helping, thats what were here for

good luck