Author Topic: disassembly: DSL vs psp phat?  (Read 2017 times)

Offline jair2k4

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Oh Noes!
disassembly: DSL vs psp phat?
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:57:06 AM »
For those of you who have done both, is the disassembly process comparable? I can rip a psp apart and put it back together with my eyes closed, but ive never messed with a touch sensitive screen before.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: disassembly: DSL vs psp phat?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 11:15:47 PM »
I wouldn't know jack about psp dissassembling, but you don't really have to do much in terms of safety for the DS. The only real difference is 2 screens :P. Mainly if you are going to dissassemble, get rid of static, remember the pieces you remove, and from my expierience, I think the only annoying part about reassembling the DS is the L+R springs. Dissassembly is uber easy and fun :D
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 08:07:10 AM »
hmm

well ive done both and the phat psp has a lot less tricky bits, no trigger springs etc

the psp i found was more about layers, the ds lite is all about sections, the top and the bottom

to do any testing while modding you gotta have the wifi bios chip plugged in and both screens, or none of them at all will work, but nothing in between.

having said that the ds lite is not particularly hard, no disassemblies really are, but at the same time if you dont do them right, keeping track of your every move like with any console it will make reassemblies a :censored:

in short keep track of the order and how everything was done, in particular the trigger spring positions and what you unplugged first such as the touch panel, this has a seperate connector you gotta be careful to remember how it went.

hope that helps
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:08:48 AM by TimmyDX »

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 09:24:21 AM »
to me a phat is harder, but my first time swap with a lite wasnt the best Ive had
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline TheMagnolia

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Sleepywood.net
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 12:58:28 AM »
To word it simply.

I've taken apart a PSP phat and cleaned out the insides with little more then my tool kit and the sim card from my cell phone.

Right now I'm STILL trying to get my hands on the perfect screwdriver to open up my DSL.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »
Mate, you're gonna need a Tri-gram, hands down. Unless you can somehow make one (and I know theres a tutorial somewhere, I think in the "Other" Section) then fork out like 5-7 dollars, goto ebay and find a cheap one.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal