Author Topic: Triple battery mod  (Read 24454 times)

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
Re: Triple battery mod
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 06:10:20 AM »
well its really possible, here is an example of how.. (the pin tips is thanks to pvp, he used it for another thing)

Last time I tryed the needle thing my whole ribbon was :censored:ed >_>

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 06:15:29 AM »
same here, i tried it with my slim fpc and it just totally :censored:ed it up :)

Thank god I'm not the only one... oh and how the hell did you jump to 1k posts

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • FileSock.Sourceforge.net
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 06:31:47 AM »
Thank god I'm not the only one... oh and how the hell did you jump to 1k posts

he probably had a macro that spamed then deleted his posts again... nah j/k

well soldering the on those small pins on the mobo ain't nothing for me, what about just parting the ribbon cable and solder directly to the lead?

Tech Support Crew at The Gathering 08 (worlds second biggest LAN party)

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 07:04:46 AM »
awesome juice and lots of it :D , also soldering to the fpc aint too good either, ribbon just melts 0_o

The gold one doesn't melt.

Offline stankbot

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 07:43:04 AM »
...how did the triple battery work out? Or did we all move on to the external UMD drive?

Offline hektic

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 07:56:14 AM »
I'm an R/C hobbyist when I'm not on my Psp.  Nowadays Li-poly, as opposed to li-ion, packs are used in the hobby.  They are slightly more volatile than li-ion but are capable of higher charging capacities and weight ratios.  They come in all sorts of shapes sizes and charging capacities.  The real dangers come into play when you overcharge/overdischarge packs.  If a li-poly pack becomes bloated throw it away, or over charge it in a controlled environment for a cool fireworks show that you wouldn't want to happed in your UMD case.  Lipoly is not noob friendly, but I have successfully used them on R/C helicopters which can fall quite hard.  They are what basically accelerated the R/C heli hobby to "main stream" if you could say that.

Has anyone tried Li-poly packs in a Psp?

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »
...how did the triple battery work out? Or did we all move on to the external UMD drive?

I am extremely broke after x-mas (am living of my mother and my g/f's parents lol) but I get my paycheck soon(next week or so).
And to add to that, there is something wrong with my card so it wont go online, so I have to wait till the bank sends me a new one..

after that! I'll buy 2x PS3 SIXAXIS batteries and do this!  :victory:
This is a really simple mod, but still ill create a tutorial for those still not sure of how to do this, but if the acidmod staff wants it to be only available to the 100 posts and up club, then it will be so.

Offline stankbot

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 01:20:01 PM »
Haha, I want to try it, it all makes sense, I just wasn't if psp's blew up or if it really is safe despite voltage differences.  Searing battery burns don't seem fun atm.

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »
Haha, I want to try it, it all makes sense, I just wasn't if psp's blew up or if it really is safe despite voltage differences.  Searing battery burns don't seem fun atm.

Good luck, here is a mini guide if you want (put together in a jiffy) you should only need to know the theory of batteries and some PS3 SIXAXIS batteries, and this pic :)

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 03:22:33 PM »
You will need to put the stock battery board in there, and solder it to these pins, then solder the SIXAXIS Batterys to the pads on the Battery Board.

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 04:04:23 PM »
please post up measurements on the sixaxis battery when you get them. I would like to find out how many can go along with other things :clap:

Offline vskid

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • vskid3 Industries
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 04:51:58 PM »
Open up a PSP battery, desolder the 2 battery leads, then solder your new battery's leads to the corresponding spots on the battery's board.

If you want a cheaper solution that'll give you about 5Ah @ ~3.6v, use 6 NiMH AA batteries.  Pretty much do the same as you'd do with the sixaxis ones, but put the AAs into 2 sets of 3 AAs in series, then wire those "packs" parallel to each other and to the battery board.

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 05:10:02 PM »
yeah, but will the aa's fit.  It might but won't allow room for much else.  Li-ion, saves more space, and I want to look more into the li-poly posted above

Offline vskid

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • vskid3 Industries
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 06:50:46 PM »
yeah, but will the aa's fit.  It might but won't allow room for much else.  Li-ion, saves more space, and I want to look more into the li-poly posted above
6 AA batteries fit in the area of the UMD drive, they just add a bit of thickness.  My reasoning is: 6 AAs cost ~$10, 4 sixaxis batteries cost, well, a lot more.

Offline freestyle72

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 08:41:57 PM »
6 AA batteries fit in the area of the UMD drive, they just add a bit of thickness.  My reasoning is: 6 AAs cost ~$10, 4 sixaxis batteries cost, well, a lot more.

Also if you have an old RC control car u dont use anymore usually those have big batterries ina flat strip maybe u could try that.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
this good and all but a HDD it more appeling to me then battery life. Then again i could mount them on the external of the umd drive and make a cover. That would leave room for the HDD and the cam.hum

Offline l30

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2008, 02:46:13 AM »
this good and all but a HDD it more appeling to me then battery life. Then again i could mount them on the external of the umd drive and make a cover. That would leave room for the HDD and the cam.hum

it all comes down to priorities and what you want your psp to be.  everyone has a different opinion and their own psp(s) to make their dreams come alive.  personally i'd go with the extra batteries and external UMD, utilizing a large MS.

Offline mootoo

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2008, 03:51:28 AM »
it all comes down to priorities and what you want your psp to be.  everyone has a different opinion and their own psp(s) to make their dreams come alive.  personally i'd go with the extra batteries and external UMD, utilizing a large MS.
Its not very realistic mod making of external UMD drive :D. Try to dissasemble PSP and U found why.It is not about 4 wires ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 09:07:49 AM by mootoo »

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2008, 04:05:21 AM »
I agree with I30, everybody has their own interests in mind, and that is what makes this forum appealing, along with the many alternatives of mods, created and in progress.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2008, 07:08:42 AM »

You never tryed it, did you?

AA do NOT fit in the UMD Door, I tried it before, they don't fit, period.

Offline stankbot

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find the phyiscal dimensions for a ps3 controller battery?  I googled and it only wants to give me place where they can be bought or the controller's dimensions.  I want to fit like 3-4 of these bad boys with the UMD tray intact, or if anyone knows of a better battery?

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2008, 10:39:36 AM »
i dont know about the SIXAXIS battery but be sure to pick up one of these bad boys too ^^ http://www.psp411.com/show/product/787/0/Sony_Battery.html

Offline Dazzerr--

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2008, 01:29:33 PM »
What part of the mobo does this go in??

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2008, 04:46:15 PM »
there are pictures above where to wire it, but something tells me your lost :confused:

yeah I am with you on finding the dimensions of the sixaxis battery

Offline vskid

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • vskid3 Industries
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »
You never tryed it, did you?

AA do NOT fit in the UMD Door, I tried it before, they don't fit, period.
6 AA batteries fit in the area of the UMD drive, they just add a bit of thickness.
They fit in the area, but they stick out a bit.  Not much of a problem, in my opinion, price comes first for me, even if its a tad bigger.

Offline stankbot

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2008, 09:06:06 PM »
I currently have a 3600mah battery, but its generic and i got it off ebay...i don't think it lives up to it.  My goal, power a hdd, the psp, and maybe an led or 2...so I want to get the best bang for the buck

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2008, 12:25:57 PM »
yeah I would like to get 3600mah or more internal without the big x2 battery.  So i am considering wiring in the li-ion pack from my sony backup battery in conjunction with another unaltered battery, but if i can get several sixaxis batteries in the umd area that would be ideal

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2008, 09:36:11 PM »
Man is that guy crazy rc batteries are heavy and bulky. sure i have a few fast chargers for them and have (let me go count) 40 of them not being used but i would not use them at all in the psp.

so let me get this straight for get the middle prong that is for the booting i know that from the pandora bat i made. but i just connect the extra bat to the coresponding pins  (-) (+) no hooking up on the mobo.

Offline Dazzerr--

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2008, 07:15:11 AM »
rc batteries are mostly heavy and bulky but not all of them. I have seen a couple that are not heavy and bulky. although there are better options than an rc battery...

Offline freestyle72

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2008, 11:16:39 AM »
Man is that guy crazy rc batteries are heavy and bulky. sure i have a few fast chargers for them and have (let me go count) 40 of them not being used but i would not use them at all in the psp.

so let me get this straight for get the middle prong that is for the booting i know that from the pandora bat i made. but i just connect the extra bat to the coresponding pins  (-) (+) no hooking up on the mobo.

Some of them are not that big. only about a cm in thickness and charge in like an hour.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal