Author Topic: PSP Slim LED Trigger Mod Killing Battery Life  (Read 3883 times)

Offline pressnutt

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Slim LED Trigger Mod Killing Battery Life
« on: December 22, 2007, 11:56:32 PM »
I have a fat psp as well as a slim psp and have followed the tutorials on here to install LED mods in the triggers for both.  Both work like a charm.  I used the sound reaction mod tutorial for the slim to find my power points and wired it to the Wi-Fi switch like it shows in the tutorial so that I can cut them on and off (2 blue SMD LED's with 10 ohm resistor in parallel).  I turned the slim on and everything looks great.  One big problem though.....ever since I installed it, the battery last only about an hour from a full charge (battery is brand new, never used as pandora). I was wondering if this is normal and if anyone else has had this problem.  On the fat psp I have 4 LED's in it (triggers and buttons) and its battery last a few days from a full charge after playing with LED's turned on and it has been used as a pandora battery.  This makes no sense to me.  I am thinking about removing the LED's from the slim just so I can play it longer than an hour.  Any comments or things to check are greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.   

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
Re: PSP Slim LED Trigger Mod Killing Battery Life
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:01:08 AM »
The LED's AND wifi should only take away about 30 mins - 1hr.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 08:32:38 AM »
Yeah, Matts right. I have done adout 14 slims now and have had no complaints. I have two slims, one with four leds and sound mod and one untouched. the batt life between the two has about an hour and 15 to 30 difference.  :wacko:

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 09:06:08 AM »
Buy a bigger battery
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline pressnutt

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 09:08:39 AM »
I am going to try it today with my fat psp battery on a full charge and see how long it last. The slim battery runs down quickly without the LED's even turned on.  Doesn't make sense to me and it seems like something is kiiling the battery as I charge it as well.  I can charge it for let's say around 45 minutes from 45% and it will get to around 70-75% charged.  My fat psp charges a lot quicker than that and most of the time will be at a hundred percent after about 45 minutes of charging from the same percentage of battery.  If I leave the slim turned off with a full charge, in about an hour and a half it is so dead it makes me reset my time and date settings just like the day I bought it.  I have 3.71 m33-4 on it but I am 99% sure the firmware has nothing to do with the battery life.  I have modded other psp's as well besides the two I have and nothing like this has ever happened.  Got me baffled but I am sure someone on here is a lot smarter than me and can help me figure this out.  Thanks again in advance.    Pressnutt

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 09:43:34 AM »
Sounds like a duff battery.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline slslasher

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »
I have also got this problem.

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 03:41:06 PM »
hmm thats wierd. i get a full charge in about an hour and half. i might be wrong but it feels super fast. and my battery last longer than any phat i've ever had (5)

Offline slslasher

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 03:55:14 PM »
hmm thats wierd. i get a full charge in about an hour and half. i might be wrong but it feels super fast. and my battery last longer than any phat i've ever had (5)
I think is not the problem of the battery. Is something to do with the motherboard. Anyway, look at my post in ur thread to solve ur problem.

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »
the psp slim has a battery life?
 :laughing:
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal