Author Topic: Multi-color LEDs?  (Read 5094 times)

Offline dottk

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Multi-color LEDs?
« on: January 21, 2008, 06:46:28 PM »
Im still a noob to modding PSPs and electronics in general even though I have fairly extensive A+ experience. Anyways, I want to put LEDs in my PSP but not just red or green or blue, but LEDs that continuously circulate through multiple colors, the closer to roy g biv the better, however i have spent a good amount of time on google looking for such LEDs and am unable to find them; do they exist, and if so can I fit them into my PSP?

BTW: I did search this forum also and  I didn't find any particularly helpful results, so if there were some, then sorry in advance.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:32:43 PM by dottk »

Offline Azie139

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace.com/Azie139
Re: Multi-color LEDs?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »
theres was a post here where some one did this look it up its here somewhere

Offline dottk

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:24:17 PM »

The closest things I found were the "MasterMod" (found at https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7332.0) and the Pressure sensitive chip (couldn't re-find the thread) that changed the voltage going to the LEDs which could in theory have the LED go from red to yellow to blue. Unfortunately the last post in the mastermod thread is from august '07 and there is no tutorial for the pressure sensitive mod so I wouldn't have any idea where to start.

Of the two, either would be close enough (can't wait for that mastermod), but I'm talking about a LED that would 'flow' through the colors.

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 08:28:16 PM »
Welcome to Acidmods.

True but he used multiple LEDs and had a chip from pen that circulate between those LEDs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MEC5I0PdTUY

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline dottk

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »
That is pretty much the exact effect I am looking for!  Does anybody know if he made a tut? well I guess its time to search.... Thx for the lead rain.

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 08:59:19 PM »
That is pretty much the exact effect I am looking for!  Does anybody know if he made a tut? well I guess its time to search.... Thx for the lead rain.
No problem.
I'm here to help, but i don't think he ever made a tut
But he basically did a trigger mod but got a microchip from a pen similar to this
and wired his LEDs to it

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline dottk

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
I found the original thread (https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=12037.0) and made a post asking for a tutorial. Only thing is, about the pen, I 99% sure there are no pens like that near me; think this LED (http://hengchuang.en.alibaba.com/product/200051903/201238712/LED/Piranha_LED.html) would work?

Offline cqsmrtazz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »
Hi guys, first time in, although I've been doing alot of reading. Did my first mods on my fat, triger,power/charge and mem leds, works great, but I couldn't of done it with out you guys, Thanks to all.
     The LED used is a PLCC-4, That CHIP comes in several different things, I got mine from a fiber-optic wand. I'd insert pics, but I couldn't figure out how to, sorry. I'm getting ready to do the same to mine.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 10:11:50 PM by cqsmrtazz »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal