Author Topic: *HELP NEEDED* PSP On/Off Switch!  (Read 2038 times)

Offline bigboss123

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
*HELP NEEDED* PSP On/Off Switch!
« on: June 05, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »
So, a while back I bought a used PSP and had some cheapo eBay dealer fix it up with a new aftermarket case and an official laser. The only problem has been the on off switch, which is now so useless that I can barely turn the system on or off without excessive annoyance. Can somebody show me how to take it apart only to the point that is necessary, and/or tell me what the problem is?

At this point I'm thinking the most reasonable COA is that I take it partially apart and take some pictures of the area around the switch, then you guys can tell me what I should do, does that sound good?

Please help! :beg:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: *HELP NEEDED* PSP On/Off Switch!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 05:48:51 AM »
that switch has a spring in it that sounds like it is going out. look in the tutorial section for instructions to take it apart and stop when nececary.

hopefully you can just replace the switch and you wont have to replace the whole board.

llamma has them here:
http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=66_60&products_id=688

Offline bigboss123

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »
Is their a temporary fix? Peace Walker comes out in a day and I'm having trouble turning the damn PSP on.

Offline bigboss123

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 04:12:40 PM »
Thanks anyway, I figured out how to turn it on, just have to apply pressure to the side of the PSP case while pushing the off/on switch.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 04:13:15 PM by bigboss123 »

Offline Data Hacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »
why should you even apply pressure? that's bad too. you should fix it were it will be NORMAL not were you have to do anything special to turn it on. its probably an easy fix you might just need to move some stuff around inside. if not, then if you are good at soldering it is really easy just to buy a replacement power switch and replace it. also it might be the case. maybe a screw is not tight enough or something. i would consider not using that seller in the future. but he might have just made a small mistake that only happened once.

Offline Surge

• Doctor of Systems old and new.
  • Registered BST
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Dr.Surge - PsP Repair Technician
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »
Check to make sure the case fits Tightly around the components, I have seen careless rebuilds, and it sounds like the guy put the PSP together without making sure the parts where fully down and tight in the case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal