Author Topic: [POC] SD Card as Memory for PSP  (Read 160997 times)

Offline Blako95

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: [POC] SD Card as Memory for PSP
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2008, 08:14:43 AM »
Hello!

Yes a little tutoriel please
The finally work is very nice and interesting.

Thx

VoX

« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2008, 08:34:14 AM »
The mod is self-explanatory, there is no need for a tutorial

Offline Blako95

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2008, 09:00:05 AM »
yes but i don't understand where weld the pins.

In the WIfi card the ms pro duo player have 10pins but the sd player have 8 pins.

I just want a detailed image .

Thank you.

VoX

« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2008, 09:02:54 AM »
From the fact you called soldering welding, I don't think you should do this mod yet. Go for something easier first

Offline Blako95

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2008, 09:31:24 AM »
I know welded I put leds as well as chips on consoles.
It is for it that I want to make this mod.
Thank you

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2008, 09:34:53 AM »
what VoX was trying to say was that it's actually called soldering not "welding", and that if you didn't have previous modding and soldering experience it would be difficult for you to do this mod

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »
ok if u look back like 2 pages in this thread there is a graphic that tells you everything you would need to know for this mod. also
yes but i don't understand where weld the pins.

In the WIfi card the ms pro duo player have 10pins but the sd player have 8 pins.

I just want a detailed image .

Thank you.

from that i can tell you didnt research at all u cant just solder on new reader u need an adapter between them and the sd has one more pin than the micro sd witch is the adapter you will use so you just bridge the ground pin on the new reader to the other ground on reader they are the same

but keep moding till you are confident you can do this thats all they were saying and its obvious english isnt your first language so maybe learn to speak it a lil better befor posting on a domonantly english website :tup:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:42:26 AM by folklord36 »

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »
Are you doing this mod just to do it, or do you need it ?

I just bought three adapters from DXExtreme for $7.00 each.

They are the size of a pro duo card and the sdhc card just plugs into it and it just plugs into the PSP.

Also there is a release of a new pro duo adapter in Japan ( We have someone there trying to get a bunch of them )
that allows you to plug 2 sdhc cards into an adapter the size of a pro duo card allowing you to put up to
64 gig of memory in the PSP.

Offline Blako95

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »
Yes i saw the graphic but i've not not all inclusive.
If i've good understand I must buy an adaptater for this mod.

And if it possible , the people who made the mod , to make for me a picture of her wifi card?

Thank

PS:Hum i'm sorry for my english  :wacko:. i'm frensh  :tup:

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2008, 11:10:04 AM »

They are the size of a pro duo card and the sdhc card just plugs into it and it just plugs into the PSP.

Also there is a release of a new pro duo adapter in Japan ( We have someone there trying to get a bunch of them )
that allows you to plug 2 sdhc cards into an adapter the size of a pro duo card allowing you to put up to

yeaa its made buy photofast or something like that. let me know if those dx adapters are legit like the transcend adapters. i already bought like 4 transcend adapters all with 2gb ahah i ended up having sd adapters to so i can still use the 2gb micro sd's =]

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2008, 11:12:44 AM »

but with such high capacity sdhc would you not experience lag whilst playing games off the memory card (umd's that you own that have been backed up as ISO's)?

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2008, 11:18:05 AM »
Yes i saw the graphic but i've not not all inclusive.
If i've good understand I must buy an adaptater for this mod.

And if it possible , the people who made the mod , to make for me a picture of her wifi card?

Thank

PS:Hum i'm sorry for my english  :wacko:. i'm frensh  :tup:

this is all you NEEED maybe you should read the whole thread before you do this. it would be smart to get all the information and possibilities by reading instead of extending the thread.

but with such high capacity sdhc would you not experience lag whilst playing games off the memory card (umd's that you own that have been backed up as ISO's)?

yeaa you would i know for sure.. i already get lag with 16gb. just reading the memory stick and loading things from it. game play seems fine.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2008, 11:30:13 AM »
ya its slighly slower but can only be measured in kb per second of transfer rate and it plays iso fine i run g.o.w on my sdhc and i get no lag.

Offline dkotlgaalm

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2008, 07:21:16 AM »
sir instead of removing the usb from the card reader can i connect the usb port into a two sided female port then on the other side ill connect another usb device .  can this be a posibility ?

Micro sd to ms pro duo (trancend) -> card reader -> usb port of card reader -> double sided female usb port <- usb flash disk or hdd

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2008, 07:26:41 AM »
NO the hdd isn't the same format as the ms

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline dkotlgaalm

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2008, 05:38:46 AM »
can a flash disk work?

VoX

« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2008, 05:50:28 AM »
Flash Disk? As in a CF Card? You can run anything as long as you can convert it into SD signals

Offline MiKE41

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2008, 06:54:59 AM »
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=unknown&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&satitle=micro+SD+TF+to+MS+Pro+Duo+Memory+Stick+Adapter+Fit+PSP&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=L5M5K3&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=abc1478963&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=

+

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=017775&cid=990.218.675

+

Random card reader that I cut a SD card slot from

=

I used a poor choice of wire running from the MSPD Slot to the conversion card, they kept shorting on the metal barrier, so I tried wrapping them in tape.... didn't help much, so I removed them to replace and burned my conversion chip taking the wires off... damnit :(

not to mention I also glued the socket right in the way of the UMD door...... but hey, it works! That image posted a few pages back helped greatly, thanks!

Offline riksworld

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2008, 03:45:02 AM »
Hi guys, ive been keeping my eye on this thread for a while, im just woundering if someone would be kind to enough to answer one question,

im currently thinking of doing this, i have the memorystick duo reader from a camcorder and the sd card reader from another broken camera, the only thing that ive not currently got is the ms pro duo to microsd adapter, i just want to use the normal sd cards, could i wire this strait to psp card reader inside without having to use this microsd adadpter or is it vital to the working of this mod?

hope somone can answer my quesition, thanks to anyone who replys

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2008, 07:09:12 AM »
No it would have to have the micro sd to pro duo to change over the signals.

It wouldn't work and people have already answered this is you read the tread like you said you where.  :victory:

But,
Welcome to AM

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2008, 07:29:18 AM »
thanks for bumping an accent thread with a dumb :censored: question i hate when ppl say there is no such thing as a dumb question because i just read a prime example. yes you need the mspd to sdhc adapter YOU CAN NOT just wire the reader to the wifi slot 2 different data protocols this question was asked in this thread several times and if you had even basic electronics understanding you would know you need an adapter or if you were to look at the huge diagram you would know you need an adapter if you were to read just the slightest bit of this thread instead of just posting without reading any of it you would know you need an adapter. hope that helps you understand why you cant just solder the adapter on and teaches you that we get really pissed off when people break the rules of our forum and don't do your own research and ask dumb  :censored: questions in really old threads. Welcome to Acidmods a place to share your research and projects and help others with theirs! :tup: have fun and word to the wise this is a really hard mod hope you are good at soldering!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:33:59 PM by folklord36 »

Offline Lawthugg

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #261 on: September 04, 2008, 02:17:45 AM »
hey i was wondering if this would work

would it be possible to split the connections between 2 SD readers and throw in 2 32gb SD cards... 
i have 2 32gb cards for my camera and i would love to test this.
basically splice in the 2 sd readers into the mini-sd to pro duo reader and have it work the same  way
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:20:11 AM by Lawthugg »

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #262 on: September 04, 2008, 05:14:53 PM »
NO no and No.

Not that simple only one can work at a time and the interface
can only see one card load at a time so it has to be buffered.

Offline JefeSand

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »
This is why I quit posting. Nobody reads or understands anything I say.

Offline cloud1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2008, 09:53:33 AM »
Hey, wouldnt this also work?

http://www.psphacking101.com/node/15

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
well considering those guys have a POC of it working...........  :eyebrow: and the fact that MSPD and MS run under the same protocalls witch has been discussed in this thread several times if you would have searched before posting in an old topc you would know that :faint:

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2008, 09:34:44 PM »
Yea dude do your research or at least post a new topic. This thread keeps getting brought back to life..

Offline bense

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #267 on: September 22, 2008, 09:42:24 AM »
From the fact you called soldering welding, I don't think you should do this mod yet. Go for something easier first

Technically speaking, soldering is a form of welding.

Quote from: American Heritage Dictionary
weld 1 
    (wěld)  Pronunciation Key
v.   weld·ed, weld·ing, welds
v.   tr.
   1. To join (metals) by applying heat, sometimes with pressure and sometimes with an intermediate or filler metal having a high melting point.
   2. To bring into close association or union.

I have read all nine pages of this thread, I am very surprised that nobody has made a writeup on placing the SD slot into a UMD less UMD drive space.

I know i'm not the only one that has more than one psp, and I know that I am not the only one that never uses UMDs.  When I do buy games, I rip the ISO off of them trim the dummy/update data, put onto my memstick and then place the umd on my shelf.

I have been thinking about the photofast cr-3100, but the only desire I have for this is if, and only if it can be stuffed into the UMD drive area.  I have absolutely zero desire to keep that thing on the back.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:47:13 AM by bense »

Offline cloud1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #268 on: September 24, 2008, 02:27:59 PM »
well considering those guys have a POC of it working...........  :eyebrow: and the fact that MSPD and MS run under the same protocalls witch has been discussed in this thread several times if you would have searched before posting in an old topc you would know that :faint:

I did do my research and that is exactly why i posted that comment:
This mod shows that you can use an SD(HC) card on your PSP by using an microsd-produo adapter.
The video shows the same thing being done without a converter, but just a cut op produo card.
They didnt show SDHC cards though, probably because they didnt exist yet when the video was made:P
So my question was: "wouldnt this also work?" (as in: wouldnt this also make it possible for you to use sdhc cards on your psp.)

And so what if this has been asked before, you expect everyone who has a question regarding the first post to first read the entire thread before asking?
What if this was a 40-page thread, you expect every person so first read through 40 pages because someone may have asked that question before?
And as for posting in als old topic: the last post was also in september, so people arent allowed to post in a thread after a couple of weeks?
And also my question was directed at this mod, this topic, why would I create a new thread if im am just goin to ask a question about THIS mod?

but back to the point, So the mod decribed in the video would have the same results as this one discussed here and would also work with SDHC?

Offline mclain1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #269 on: September 24, 2008, 04:16:30 PM »
Guys.... this mod has been obsolete since the introduction of the photofast CR-3100 and CR-5400 in cost and upgrade ability.  Stop wasting your time in buying cheap azz card readers and duo adapters that still wont have the performance of the photofast products.  By the time you pay for all your parts/shipping handling you will exceed the cost of the CR-5400 or worse yet, fry your PSP..!

if you want to internalize the CR-3100 then read this thread...
http://www.pspmod.com/forums/hardware/40368-internalizing-my-photofast-cr-3100-a.html

It is very easy to do and no soldering required..! 

If you are still scared about opening up your PSP then purchase the CR-5400.  8gig are the biggest in the microsd form factor so you are limited to a max of 16gigs compared to 32gig with the CR-3100 mod.  16gig MicroSD cards will hit the market with in a couple more weeks.

THe CR-3100 sells for $48 USD and the CR-5400 sells for $25 USD..

You can buy them at shopdigi.com

-peace!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal