Author Topic: [POC] SD Card as Memory for PSP  (Read 159978 times)

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: [POC] SD Card as Memory for PSP
« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »
Guys.... this mod has been obsolete since the introduction of the photofast CR-3100 and CR-5400 in cost and upgrade ability.  Stop wasting your time in buying cheap azz card readers and duo adapters that still wont have the performance of the photofast products.  By the time you pay for all your parts/shipping handling you will exceed the cost of the CR-5400 or worse yet, fry your PSP..!

if you want to internalize the CR-3100 then read this thread...
http://www.pspmod.com/forums/hardware/40368-internalizing-my-photofast-cr-3100-a.html

It is very easy to do and no soldering required..! 

If you are still scared about opening up your PSP then purchase the CR-5400.  8gig are the biggest in the microsd form factor so you are limited to a max of 16gigs compared to 32gig with the CR-3100 mod.  16gig MicroSD cards will hit the market with in a couple more weeks.

THe CR-3100 sells for $48 USD and the CR-5400 sells for $25 USD..

You can buy them at shopdigi.com

-peace!

Wanker.

The parts to make this arent 48$, more like 10$ so obvisoly alot  cheaper. And the max is the 32 gb card.

Also, azz isnt a word ass is. And that is what you are my friend.

I hate people like you.

Offline mclain1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »
1st...Jumbo i hope you are not as stupid as your avatar looks because if you were to re-read my post i never said $48...   I said exceeding the cost of the CR-5400 which sells for $25..

2nd...i can tell someone wasn't paying attention in math class because by the time you buy, USB card reader, ribbon cable, duo adapter, solder gun, solder, electrical tape and shipping/handling perhaps gas if you have to go to Radio shack you would already exceed way beyond $10...  :whoosh:

3rd... MicroSD current max size 8gig.  16gig Micro cards are on the way as i clearly stated...   SDHC current largest size available is 32gig..
        CR-5400 current mem capacity is 16gig with the potential to go 32gig with the use of 2\16gig micro SD cards once they are available..
        CR-3100 currently can go 32gig with the potential to go as high 64gig once a firmware is supported.   

So hate all you want because anyone who has at least two brain cells working knows that using the single SD card mod will limit you to one card.  CR-3100 can double that with out the need of any soldering or shorting out your psp.    :#1:

school is over...

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2008, 10:15:41 PM »
I did do my research and that is exactly why i posted that comment:
This mod shows that you can use an SD(HC) card on your PSP by using an microsd-produo adapter.
The video shows the same thing being done without a converter, but just a cut op produo card.
They didnt show SDHC cards though, probably because they didnt exist yet when the video was made:P
So my question was: "wouldnt this also work?" (as in: wouldnt this also make it possible for you to use sdhc cards on your psp.)

And so what if this has been asked before, you expect everyone who has a question regarding the first post to first read the entire thread before asking?
What if this was a 40-page thread, you expect every person so first read through 40 pages because someone may have asked that question before?
And as for posting in als old topic: the last post was also in september, so people arent allowed to post in a thread after a couple of weeks?
And also my question was directed at this mod, this topic, why would I create a new thread if im am just goin to ask a question about THIS mod?

but back to the point, So the mod decribed in the video would have the same results as this one discussed here and would also work with SDHC?

no for the last time is dose not use the same protocalls an MS stick witch is used in the video you linked(and only card used in that video as its the only card that can directly connect without an adapter SD cards have been around wayyyyy longer than PSP.... ) to uses same protocalls as MSPD  SDHC uses completely diffrent protocalls therefore you need an adapter or some kind of hardware to translate dont you think its there for a reason I mean come on if it was possible to just directly wire wouldnt you think we would be doing that in the first place?. No I do not expect you to read the whole thread maybe just skim trough it and search function? :eyebrow: and yes it was posted in recently but it is all just spam like your post from ppl who cant research and we have been asking to stop bumping it with useless unrelated or stupid comments.

1st...Jumbo i hope you are not as stupid as your avatar looks because if you were to re-read my post i never said $48...   I said exceeding the cost of the CR-5400 which sells for $25..

2nd...i can tell someone wasn't paying attention in math class because by the time you buy, USB card reader, ribbon cable, duo adapter, solder gun, solder, electrical tape and shipping/handling perhaps gas if you have to go to Radio shack you would already exceed way beyond $10...  :whoosh:

3rd... MicroSD current max size 8gig.  16gig Micro cards are on the way as i clearly stated...   SDHC current largest size available is 32gig..
        CR-5400 current mem capacity is 16gig with the potential to go 32gig with the use of 2\16gig micro SD cards once they are available..
        CR-3100 currently can go 32gig with the potential to go as high 64gig once a firmware is supported.  

So hate all you want because anyone who has at least two brain cells working knows that using the single SD card mod will limit you to one card.  CR-3100 can double that with out the need of any soldering or shorting out your psp.    :#1:

school is over...

first of all MR perfect you are wrong you are just bashing jumbo for no reason I sense you have some kind of dislike for each other but you are saying the original mod is obsolete because a newer component was released 2 weeks ago??? and all the rumors havent been cleared up now your process is obsolete because you dont need the CR3100 anymore it is obsolete to the new CR5100 witch is finaly release in its 64gb glory that can suppourt 2 32gb SDHC cards all by itself and PSP firmware is by no means limited to 64 gb as you stated It has been tested on a TB and it reads the device just fine I agree that it is way better with the potental for 64gb but no need to act all knowing this is all just theory you nor I knows for a fact these things even work as we have not taken one apart and tried ourselves there is very limited published info on the device and it is very contradictory what the info from different sources say. but yes the no solder method you stated will work and its great you know about it but you better buy up all those CR3100 because no more will be made and you will have to do the solder method to suppourt 2 SDHC cards instead of SDHC mini with the newest CR5400 once all the CR3100 are all gone and the CR3100 is caped at 32 gb and only the newest CR5400 suppourt 64gb

Offline mclain1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2008, 05:59:21 AM »

first of all MR perfect you are wrong you are just bashing jumbo for no reason I sense you have some kind of dislike for each other but you are saying the original mod is obsolete because a newer component was released 2 weeks ago??? and all the rumors havent been cleared up now your process is obsolete because you dont need the CR3100 anymore it is obsolete to the new CR5100 witch is finaly release in its 64gb glory that can suppourt 2 32gb SDHC cards all by itself and PSP firmware is by no means limited to 64 gb as you stated It has been tested on a TB and it reads the device just fine I agree that it is way better with the potental for 64gb but no need to act all knowing this is all just theory you nor I knows for a fact these things even work as we have not taken one apart and tried ourselves there is very limited published info on the device and it is very contradictory what the info from different sources say. but yes the no solder method you stated will work and its great you know about it but you better buy up all those CR3100 because no more will be made and you will have to do the solder method to suppourt 2 SDHC cards instead of SDHC mini with the newest CR5400 once all the CR3100 are all gone and the CR3100 is caped at 32 gb and only the newest CR5400 suppourt 64gb

Holy cow your post is hard to read with out any punctuations....    I want to first start by apologizing to all as it wasn't my intension to get into an argument with your buddy Jumbo.  I was just simply retaliating from the insults he replied to my thread.  It was not the welcome i envisioned from my first post on a well know mod site as this or worse yet coming from a moderator.

I recently purchased both CR-3100 and CR-5400 so if i come across as a know it all is because i have them and tested with them.  I will be more than happy to answer any questions you all may have to the best of my knowledge.   Please don't flame me because i'm trying to spread the word on how inexpensive and how well these products work.  I'm also trying to keep poor 13year kids from potentially damaging their PSP when they no electrical experience what so ever to be doing mods like this.

Being obsolete is a process that occurs on a daily basis in any industry. Every product that you see on shelf is already obsolete as manufactures are already working on patches, making it smaller, faster and more efficient.  That is just the way the trend works.. There was nothing in either of my posts that was wrong.  The fotofast products work right out of the box with out the need of soldering and they are really easy to internalize.

btw.. thank you for letting me know that the PSP supports TB because i was under the impression with the current firmware it only supported 32gig.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2008, 12:48:14 PM »

Holy cow your post is hard to read with out any punctuations....    I want to first start by apologizing to all as it wasn't my intension to get into an argument with your buddy Jumbo.  I was just simply retaliating from the insults he replied to my thread.  It was not the welcome i envisioned from my first post on a well know mod site as this or worse yet coming from a moderator.

I recently purchased both CR-3100 and CR-5400 so if i come across as a know it all is because i have them and tested with them.  I will be more than happy to answer any questions you all may have to the best of my knowledge.   Please don't flame me because i'm trying to spread the word on how inexpensive and how well these products work.  I'm also trying to keep poor 13year kids from potentially damaging their PSP when they no electrical experience what so ever to be doing mods like this.

Being obsolete is a process that occurs on a daily basis in any industry. Every product that you see on shelf is already obsolete as manufactures are already working on patches, making it smaller, faster and more efficient.  That is just the way the trend works.. There was nothing in either of my posts that was wrong.  The fotofast products work right out of the box with out the need of soldering and they are really easy to internalize.

btw.. thank you for letting me know that the PSP supports TB because i was under the impression with the current firmware it only supported 32gig.

Its not your thread. Its your post.
Dark Alex Lifted That Limit in about 3.50 m33 Firmware. Im not sure what Sony's Limit is
The whole point of this was to MOD, Exactly my point.
I'm not a Moderator Retard.

1st...Jumbo i hope you are not as stupid as your avatar looks because if you were to re-read my post i never said $48...   I said exceeding the cost of the CR-5400 which sells for $25..

3rd... MicroSD current max size 8gig.  16gig Micro cards are on the way as i clearly stated...   SDHC current largest size available is 32gig..

school is over...

First, What the :censored: does my Avatar have to do with ME? You did actually you said Photofast  to make this was 48$.

Ya, Im sure most people around ACIDMODS, has a Iron. Iron- 9 Solder- 2 Tape- 3 Card Reader- 3 Kynar- 2 Card Converter- 7= $33 USD.  And Most people have this stuff. There is no ribbon cable I don't know where you got that idea.There is no shipping and handling IF YOU GO TO THE DANG STORE.

This came out like last :censored: ing week. This mod is months old. Good job on joining Acidmods just to make fun of this AMAZING :censored: ING MOD.

The limit of this mod is 32 GB USING A DANG SDHC!!!!!!!
I seriously HATE when people act so :censored: ing dumb to say something sucks, WHEN THEY ARE WRONG, AND DON'T EVEN HAVE THERE FACTS CLOSE.

And I'm SURE, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE 2 BRAIN CELLS. IF I DID I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TYPE. TARD.

Offline mclain1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2008, 05:13:44 AM »
Jumbish... for the love of god please stop posting...You just made yourself look like a punked bish on the internet by twisting everything i said..  HAHAHAHAHAHA...    Please tell your mom to read my posts for you since you cant understand what i was trying to say.   :rofl:

Offline cloud1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #276 on: September 26, 2008, 09:48:41 AM »
no for the last time is dose not use the same protocalls an MS stick witch is used in the video you linked(and only card used in that video as its the only card that can directly connect without an adapter SD cards have been around wayyyyy longer than PSP.... ) to uses same protocalls as MSPD  SDHC uses completely diffrent protocalls therefore you need an adapter or some kind of hardware to translate dont you think its there for a reason I mean come on if it was possible to just directly wire wouldnt you think we would be doing that in the first place?. No I do not expect you to read the whole thread maybe just skim trough it and search function? eyebrow and yes it was posted in recently but it is all just spam like your post from ppl who cant research and we have been asking to stop bumping it with useless unrelated or stupid comments.

Chill out man, no need to be so aggressive, we're all under one forum-roof right. Thanks for  answering and explaining it to me ;)

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2008, 01:51:22 AM »
Jumbish... for the love of god please stop posting...You just made yourself look like a punked bish on the internet by twisting everything i said..  HAHAHAHAHAHA...    Please tell your mom to read my posts for you since you cant understand what i was trying to say.   :rofl:

Mclain, do yourself a favor a  :censored: off. We are here to discuss internal memroy mods, not to exchange insults with a child, grow up. infact why don't you ask your mom how big boys behave online and learn to respect others before running that mouth of yours. honestly.......

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2008, 02:31:34 AM »
oh dear god when will this thread die?! I seriously think someone should get a mod to close this thread to stop retards posting in it.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2008, 06:40:52 PM »
wifi switch on the side, non-clear backplate, fat looking, speaker holes.

lol, fat looking. dont you mean american sized? jk nah oyu can tell form the 2 humps protruding from the back.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline amurphy345

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2008, 04:34:03 PM »
I tried to do this today. I soldered everything correctly according to the pin outs, by when i put the adapter in my psp and restart the memory stick will just continuously flash. when i try to format, the memory stick light will blink steady and it will say there is not a card in the psp. i have tried this with both sd and sdhc cards and still no luck. any suggestions would b greatly appreciated.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2008, 08:52:53 PM »
I tried to do this today. I soldered everything correctly according to the pin outs, by when i put the adapter in my psp and restart the memory stick will just continuously flash. when i try to format, the memory stick light will blink steady and it will say there is not a card in the psp. i have tried this with both sd and sdhc cards and still no luck. any suggestions would b greatly appreciated.

please let this thread die, stop bumping it people. Btw if that happens it means there is a problem in your wiring. Trust me this happened to mine, you may think your wiring is perfect but I got someone else to check it and they found my fault straight away.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline amurphy345

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »
please let this thread die, stop bumping it people. Btw if that happens it means there is a problem in your wiring. Trust me this happened to mine, you may think your wiring is perfect but I got someone else to check it and they found my fault straight away.
Here is a picture so you can check my wiring

micro sd to mspd adapter

sd reader

the whole thing

please help

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2008, 09:35:53 PM »
try hosting your images at a online site like www.photobucket.com.

EDIT: locked to stop future spam and bumps.  If you need your question answer please read through the thread again and ONLY if it has NOT been answered before then make a new thread.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:55:50 PM by dslitemodder »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal