Author Topic: Thinking of starting a modding business  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Mxr708

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Thinking of starting a modding business
« on: February 06, 2008, 12:13:35 PM »
Well me and my friend were thinking about maybe starting a modding business soon.  We hope to be able to mod all types of consloes for people who dont know how or dont want to mod things thereself.  The cool thing is his step dad sells used consoles cheap and we can get them at a very low price.  Our plan is to  fix them up with some paint and some lighting and sell them on ebay.   Well do you think it would be a good business for us to try for a while.  We do exceptionally good work.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/VolcomSkater708scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">VolcomSkater708</iframe>

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
Re: Thinking of starting a modding business
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 12:27:33 PM »
you got 9 posts...i doubt people would send you your psp

Offline Mxr708

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 12:30:38 PM »
OKAY THEN IF YOU DONT THINK I DO GOOD WORK LOOK AT THE ABOVE THREAD.  I DO A LOT OF MODDING I JUST DONT SPEND ALL MY TIME ON THIS FORUM.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/VolcomSkater708scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">VolcomSkater708</iframe>

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 12:32:52 PM »
OKAY THEN IF YOU DONT THINK I DO GOOD WORK LOOK AT THE ABOVE THREAD.  I DO A LOT OF MODDING I JUST DONT SPEND ALL MY TIME ON THIS FORUM.

dude, calm down.

i am just say my opinion...its a free country

Offline decy90

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »

oh dear, after that outburst i wouldnt send you anything lol

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 01:04:43 PM »
Ditto. I wouldn't anyway, because you are not a well known person here at AM. If you mean start a small business for your home town then go ahead, but unless your well known on a forum people will most likely not trust you enough to send you anything.

One more outburst like that and this thread is locked and deleted. You've been warned.

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
Never once did he say he was going to start a business on am, he was just asking if you thought it was a good idea for a business..

In my opinion i think it would be because people are always wanting to be different and will pay good money to have these done for them

Secondly he said he would be buying consoles cheap and selling them modded which mean you wouldn't have to give him yours o_O

Since he mentioned a step dad i would suspect he was quite young, so that's why he asked people who are on this forum which is renowned for modding, also why he had an outburst, not condoning it so don't do it again =P Or same warning as kicks we have the power :winker:

Finally, I think you guys need to calm down a bit I mean what impression is that to give to a new member or someone who may read this thread. Sarcasm in my opinion is a sign of arrogance and no one likes arrogant people so calm down a bit guys eh?

IndyChav out :victory:

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 01:24:56 PM »
i think if you have consoles in supply to mod and sell go ahead its a great idea and as indy said people will pay to have this stuff done so to be able to buy premade ones they would like. i suggest starting small like in your town to see how it goes then expand to other areas like the internet and ebay would be a good bet as you would have seller protection through there.

and to the other he never mentioned asking for consoles or setting up on acidmods take time to read and dont jump the gun guys as it makes us look bad and slightly introverted as a community it is our job to welcome people and support new members.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Mxr708

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 03:03:49 PM »
I wasnt having an outburst i was meerly defending my self.  And i wasnt talking about selling stuff to you guys.  I was talking about a local business.  To sell to friends and people in my school.  Maybe in the future if it all goes well try ebay.

Here is a pic of my brothers ps2 that i painted i think i do pretty good for 14:

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 05:47:45 PM »
IMHO it can work, I sold off my 1st case modded ds rather quickly. I bought a ds phat that I changed it's power LED to blue (which I will post later :) and a ds lite that I switched with a clear case. The clear case ds has a huge amount of problems, but I showed it to my friends anyway and I have like 2-3 people who would love to buy it and 1 person wanting to buy the phat ds. Basically having the power to make something better in anyway, from function to cosmetic, usually appeal to people enough for them to buy it. I meant to say that in this case of the Ds's, not in general. Btw mate, that's some :censored:in Ps2 there :D, I would buy that from yah if I didn't haev one already. Hmm just curious, but where do you live?
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 06:26:48 PM »
I wasnt having an outburst i was meerly defending my self.  And i wasnt talking about selling stuff to you guys.  I was talking about a local business.  To sell to friends and people in my school.  Maybe in the future if it all goes well try ebay.

Here is a pic of my brothers ps2 that i painted i think i do pretty good for 14:

dude, Ive modded and done case mods since I was 8 :/ Did A camo gameboy pocket

and I made the stencils my self and did it all my self, besides buying the spray paint
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 11:20:02 PM »
no it doesnt edhel he is just saying how long he has been doing it for and that he did all the work - if you think thats arrogant then most of the people here who release mods are arogant as its usually look at this new mod ive done.
on topic

thats a nice ps2 i think it would be a good idea for you to start up a local business

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 11:28:23 PM »
i think anyone who can mod should mod locally because alot of people what mods done but here idk anyone who does loi

PINOY AKO

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 11:31:43 PM »
of course there ps2 modders loi i agree thats a nice simple mod where average people would be amazed by it

PINOY AKO

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 11:34:27 PM »
i think he did an awesome job of that ps2

its an incredibly good set of tribal flames + i love the bevelled effect he's got going on

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 11:39:41 PM »
i think he did an awesome job of that ps2

its an incredibly good set of tribal flames + i love the bevelled effect he's got going on

yup agree the flames looked good i can't see close enough but also like outline

PINOY AKO

Offline Barshalen

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Soroun.com
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 07:05:28 AM »
I think it would be a good thing to try. But remember, not alot of kids your age will be able to fork out the money to buy a console you have modded..and some adults might be jerks or w/e and not want to just because you are not older...but judging by that PS2, your stuff looks good no matter what age you are, and should be able to sell if you place an add in the paper, or on a local news board somewhere.
Mods: CAMY Faceplate, USB Charging, CFW 3.90 M33-2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal