Author Topic: Quick questions about external controller mod  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Spartan06

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Quick questions about external controller mod
« on: June 30, 2007, 11:42:34 PM »
Before I begin I would just like to say that F00 f00's external controller (Doc Oc) mod has single handedly made me buy a PSP. So, I give my thanks for the awsome modding going on by F00 f00 and others around here. It is really inspiring...to say the least.  :tup:

In any case, I have a few questions about the external controller mod. I read the work log, all relevant comments by F00 f00, watched the video and even looked through the unclassified topics that detailed the work on the mod further, but I still ahve some questions that I couldn't find answers to. And though I know a tutorial is on the way, I beseech thee to to please answer these few questions since I believe, that along with aforementioned resources, and these questions will make a full tutorial to tide people over until a tutorial can be put up in the AcidMods Wiki.

However, if you are sick and tired of talking or even thinking about such a complicated mod (since I see it really was quite frustrating, and I too have gotten to the point where I was about to throw my expensive electronics out the window :boxed: ) please feel free to ignore this post as you see fit.

Questions:

1. What tool was used to cut the holes for the mini-usb ports on the side of the PSP? I would think that a dremel would do it well, but I also thought about using an exacto-knife depending on how thick/felxible the PSP plastic is.

2. How did you seal/hold the min-USB plugs in place? I would guess that super-glue would work in the right amount.

3. Is there a guide/tutorial that details how to connect the PS2-type analog stick to the PSP's analog stick? I searched the Wiki, but couldn't find anything that showed me this. But I could have missed it.

4. Is there a guide to connecting the PS2 controller D-pad to the PSP's D-pad?  I assume it would be a point to point, but I couldn't find a guide on where the connection would optimally be for the PSP's D-pad. I have an idea, but I wanted to confirm it.

5. Where should the solder point be for a trigger-to-trigger mod on the PSP's triggers? I found the "PSP Trigger Mod Kit" tutorial on the Wiki, but since I have little expierience with the triggers I was wondering what spot was soldered to on the board. If pics are a little too cumbersome then a detailed description would be ok. I just haven't been able to find any decent pictures of those trigger contacts so I can't be sure about the setup in there.

If F00 f00 or any other experienced modder can help me on any of these questions I, and others like me, would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Offline NuClear

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Quick questions about external controller mod
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 01:32:28 AM »
Hi,
I am too searching for infos about use PS2 controller to PSP SLIM.
Could You Help me with infos (or links).

3. I need infos about PS2 left analog potentiometer connection to PSP potenciometer. Is just connected paralel ? What with resistance ?
http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/10/how-to-analog-control-stick-for-your-sony-psp/

4. I am interresting about PS2 right analog modify to PSP D-pad. There is info without pictures and I can not imagine this modification.
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13476.0
NuClear

PSP Slim CF 3.8 M33-5, SANDISK 4GB
PStwo+modchip, Wireless joystik KERR

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 01:50:21 AM »
1. dremel
2. use hot glue temporary to hold in
3.yes josenose's tut for and benhecks tuts will help you
4.its pretty much the same layout 1 ground and points are on the buttons
5. for triggers solder to positive of psp triggers and controller

this is a very difficult mod no one has replicated it but there are people like me that can do it if they try you could hire one of the modders for hire to do it if you really want it
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 01:55:00 AM by 4dP »

PINOY AKO

Offline kairu67

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:29:56 AM »
1. i would use a dremel to get the general shape, then use an xacto knife to make it exact

2. i would use hotglue, but superglue would work, if you used a little of it, and were careful... hot glue would be ideal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal