Author Topic: My Internal Mic / Internal Bluetooth Audio  (Read 10713 times)

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
My Internal Mic / Internal Bluetooth Audio
« on: January 26, 2008, 04:15:37 PM »
So my first mod was a success two weekends ago I took my psp apart and following in jair2k4's footsteps I wired in my logitech freepulse bluetooth transmitter

The difference in my install is I physically broke the connection between 1 and 4 (from jairs photo edited by me)
when connected the audio goes out the psp speakers, disconnected the audio is routed to the audio jack.  I reconnected these by using the hold switch.  So the hold switch turns on the speakers.

BTW this image is from jair2k4 taken from this website

Bluetooth transmitter on the right on/off switch to the left (I damaged the original switch)

Here is the video, please turn your speakers down first the camera mic is more sensitive than my ears
and yes this is the only camera available to me ( the quality, and my filming skills suck)

Next there is the internal microphone as you can see the connections in the first pic
and here it is on the faceplate

here is the video I apologize again for the quality
this recording program is by art and is known as audio mechanica
the microphone was stolen from an old broken cell phone

I have so far played many hours of killzone liberation, and like in the video on arts recorder, and on the furikup 0.1.12

the microphone is turned on while audio is coming out of the speakers by Mr305's LocoRocomotion plugin
so I do not have to use the bluetooth headphones when I am in the privacy of my home

this is my first time soldering (I did practice a little first) and I am very happy with outcome,  I now would like to mod my vector grip dock to have increased battery life (comes with 4 rechargable batts) and replace the completely worthless speakers with a decent sounding pair (i already removed the hand cooling fans)

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
Re: My Internal Mic / Internal Bluetooth Audio
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 04:26:45 PM »
nice job, sounds like its fun to have???
not fun to not have the umd's though...
im gonna stick with bluetooth on my phone for now, i dont really neeed it for psp yet
sounds like you know what your doing for the grip, right?

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 04:39:43 PM »
not so sure about the charging of the battery I would like to use some liion batts and protection circuit boards then wire it into the old battery wiriing, but I do not know too much about that.  No need for a UMD this is a second psp that I purchased off ebay with a broken Drive.  and yeah I enjoy it  :w00t:

Offline Korlithiel

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 07:29:49 PM »
Looks pretty good, and if it didn't cost the ability to use UMD's I would consider doing it now.

Makes me wonder, how much did it all cost?

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »
nice work   :clap:, i havn't found a need for bluetooth in my psp yet... but you never no. I have a two psp's one for hacking software and one for hardware modding and the one i use for mods has no UMD. I find i never use my UMD in either, removing it game me tonns of space for mods yay :tup: gud luck with your next mod :yess:.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 08:20:44 PM »
Nice I'll definitely try this once I get another psp

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 08:41:06 PM »
I paid $40 for the BT headphones which I use at work so I am not listening to pop country or emo rock like the homos at work, and since this is my first mod I got a nice soldering iron and several spools of kynar, so roughly $80.  but I think it is well worth it to have something NO ONE else has, and I just installed CFW 3.80 m33-5 so i am going to try internet radio on monday

and yeah with my next mod I am going to need help.  I understand the basics

I want to do it like this, but with li-ion batts and a protection circuit board to prevent overcharging

http://www.tinyted.net/eddie/ppb/PspPowerBrick.html

I think if I can manage a 4.8-5v and 1.5-2amp batt I can get around most of his power loss (through heat)  and the size of the beast

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 02:41:08 PM »
yeah looks like a briefcase, but that is what I would like to remake inside the gripdock with li-ion batts and protection circuit boards, and I would be happy with 6000+ mah :psp:

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »
Would it be possible to do a similar mod except have it use a headset with a mic to talk to people in online games?

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 10:16:44 AM »
I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I did it this way b/c I don't always use both at the same time.

sometimes I am listening to music at work
               I am playing games while using the stock speakers and chatting to teammates
               I might be somewhere public and playing a PVP and not trying to disturb others around me (has not actually happened)

cost could also be an issue, as I had both of these items before hand I just needed to buy wire, iron, and solder.

Offline jair2k4

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Oh Noes!
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 09:16:33 PM »
My hat is off to you, my friend. You managed to take my mod and make it look pretty. I'm glad someone else has taken initiative and done this mod, as i havent had time to clean up all of my work and make it look good.

Kudos.

-Jair

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 09:51:06 PM »
My hat is off to you, my friend. You managed to take my mod and make it look pretty. I'm glad someone else has taken initiative and done this mod, as i havent had time to clean up all of my work and make it look good.

Kudos.

-Jair

hey man thanks, i hope you dont mind me using your picture, buy I tried to give credit where it was due, seeing as how i was standing on the shoulders of giants

but as an update i use it almost daily playing a game or 2 in killzone, and I am considering doing the same to the slim I just got last week ( it definately needs a mic with skype :tup: :tup:)

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 11:57:42 PM »
that is seriously tight and would work fantastic in a slim

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 06:13:25 AM »
good stuff man!  :drunk:

im going to do this mod if i can ever get my hands on an ever-e 377 dongle, that way i can keep my track skip and volume control on my headset active, but now that i think about it, the ht820 headset i have has its own independent volume, and i never really skip around tracks.... hhhmmm.... might just do this if the 377 cant be dug up somehow
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 09:33:33 AM »
yeah the one I used has its independent volume, but none of the track skipping features

Offline McLovin

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
No need to have UMD's when u can play ISO's off your memorystick, and they load quicker too

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 08:06:13 AM »
would you mind clearing up what your picture means when it says " left connected to 4 when no audio jack plugged in" im slightly confused about it, and would really like to do this mod! thanks.
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »
that is left audio, when there is no jack in place it is connected to 4 and sound goes to the speakers, when a jack is inserted it physically breaks the connection between 1 and 4 and this turns off the speakers and turns on the attached headphones.  I wired 1 and 4 to the hold button, so when my psp is in the hold position sound comes out the speakers, flip it out of hold position and sound is directed to the bluetooth transmitter

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »
i dont understand reeli but it looks like a cool mod :confused:

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 10:03:38 PM »
good work man

this would work on a slim
wanna try it dude? lol
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 01:10:06 AM »
ok i understnad that now, but say i didnt want the hold key to do that, what would i do and/or not do to make it to where it transmitted to the bluetooth when a jack is plugged in?

Buddha

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 02:51:25 PM »
okay so I put a mic into a slim now

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=18247.0

I hope this bump doesn't piss anybody off

Offline unicorn

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 08:30:16 AM »
will this worlk with a bluetooth headset, like the one that comes with the warhawk game? or any cell phone blue tooth headset. I use furikup alot and i hate usiing the skipe headset i rather be wire free.

thanks for sharing this mod with us great job. i hope to do this mod in the near future.

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 03:31:47 PM »
the headphone pictured is what I have but it should work with others that use A2DP

Offline 2david2

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 02:51:34 AM »
hi pls reupload screen/ image ....  sry  my english is bad . i am slovak  thx ..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal