AcidMods Resources ----- ( These are helpful tools for modding ) > Game Accessibility

Voice Recognition Controllers

(1/9) > >>

SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot):
Voice Recognition Controllers
The things we do may at time seem pointless how ever we always have a reason behind them. Imagine you being mobility impared and every day of your childhood had to accept the fact that you are unable to play games like other children. Would you not want some sliver of hope there is some crazy modder out to develop some device that alows you to play even if the responce time was a little laggy? This stuff is what paves the ways for future visionaries to do it right. we show the world what really matters we give hope to people and inspire companies not to forget about the 2%. I hope some child who was unfortunate to have a disability sees our video and gets a spark of hope. Perhaps that child will be the next console developer..

Nothing we do is in vain...

Creating Voice Recognition Controllers. Here is Part 1 of this video tutorial the SR07 board this is the brain of the kit and does require loads of soldering. This kit is super easy to put together. This controller board is what analizes spoken words and determins matches. I plan on adding this kit to a Xbox 360 controller for things like (Reload, Scope, Plasma...)  this kit can be found here http://www.imagesco.com/kits/speech-recognition-kit.html

Here is the 360 Voice recognition Controller I only used 3 commands in the video but I have 10 buttons connected to the device

Here it the assembly process.

Low Res Video 56k

High Res video (click on full screen to view up close)

Here is the final controller board.

Well your probably wondering how do I program it to my voice? Do I need a PC to program it? Well the answer is no all you need to do is assemble the included keypad and programming is as simple as pressing a few buttons. Assembling the included key pad is very strait forward and simple to solder. Here is a Video od the job.

Low Res Video 56k

Here is the Final KeyPad.

Well now that you have the keypad for entering commands your probably wondering how you will see what command number you are programming. With this kit it includes a digital display that displays the one of ten buttons you are able to control with voice commands. her is the assembly video of the Digital Dsplay.

Low res video 56k

Here is the final Digital Display.

To give you an idea how it work I created a small test video. As you can see you can program the device to any word and programming is very easy. You can program key words like "Reload" to free up button presses in the heat of battle.

Low res Video 56k

Here it is Assembled.

Onceyou program your desired words you can remove the keypad and display to slim down the componants.

Here is the relay board.

Here is the 360 controller attachment.

Update:

I spoke to the manufacturer of the chip and it turns out I have it set to long word recognition when im using short words so by changing it the system wont have to wait for the entire length. this should improve the responce time by half..

l0rdnic0:
Heheheh I love your tools... toe nail clippers  :hifive:

*FuFa:

--- Quote from: l0rdnic0 on January 28, 2008, 10:27:15 PM ---Heheheh I love your tools... toe nail clippers  :hifive:

--- End quote ---

Haha wow you're right, damn cyber, did you sell your side cutter by accident on the last auction?

SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot):

--- Quote from: *FuFa on January 29, 2008, 12:42:07 PM ---Haha wow you're right, damn cyber, did you sell your side cutter by accident on the last auction?

--- End quote ---

naw I always use nail clippers simple and effective.

SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version