Author Topic: Steampunk PS2 Planning  (Read 3266 times)

Offline canuckcub

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Steampunk PS2 Planning
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:43:23 PM »

Ok, so this is just the planning stages. I took my Fat Ps2 apart after a disk got lodged in it. ended up ripping the Disc tray out cause it was miss alligned and pissed me off.

So now ive got a disk flying death trap. So time to do my first mod ever. The top has a Clock bubble on it, like the ones found on old alarm clocks. with a lego gear on the CD stabolizer thing. with a clock hand if it doesnt totally mess up the CDs movement.  there is a Giant lever as you can see. this is because i took out the disc tray and well i couldnt bipass that lever thing. so now its a Fun steampunk lever that is sure to piss me off.

On the belly of the unit will be a modified multitap because i didnt want cords going into the front of the main body. im going to use the Memory LED mod on it. the only problem i found with this, is PS1 games wont work. i need a way to fix that. Loading saved files from a HDD or FLash drive maybe ?

beside the CD drive are two button, one is the eject which blinks blue and can not be pressed, as your spose to pull the lever when it blinks. and the other is the reset. does what ever rest should.

the top 3 bulbs are for decoration. Leds in a frosted glass shell.

this is just a first draft id like to hear some improvements or what not. I cant find any steampunk PS2 mods so i think im the first

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Re: Steampunk PS2 Planning
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 09:04:30 AM »
put some luxeon emitters in there lol :D,btw if you put the clock hand on the cd spindle ur gunna screw it up and it'll shake itself apart after a while
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 08:44:09 AM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 05:10:59 PM »
Can't you make like a custom made cd wheel? one that can hold something above the CD, if anything you're better off just makign some kind of clock decal in your CDs, beacuse I don't think you can let the cd wheel hold much, or else have something above the CD thats spinning on it's own speed showing the hour hand, and you have your CD decaled with a minute hand :D.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline canuckcub

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »
Thats what im thinking of trying, but it seems like something like that would upset the CD spin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal