Author Topic: Front Flip  (Read 1981 times)

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
Front Flip
« on: August 11, 2008, 02:23:38 AM »
Ok, so i started to mod my psp at the weekend, making the screen flip up. i have no idea how to put pics up on here, [img]http://[C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ \Photo-0007.jpg] i will try that c if it works. anyway, i had to remove the start button pcb, and when i tried to relocate it, i broke it,typical lol. well im in the process of making the front face for the screen, i need some fibre glass, so i can sort this out, shouldnt take me too long, the hardest part i have now is to find a place to relocate my new pcb, i was thinking about placing it just under the screen on the grey part, but when i get it sorted and figure out how to post pics on here i will get a pic up soon, although its not complete the basic principle works, shows that u can mod the screen without much difficulty and it doesnt make the psp any bigger than ot already is, because lets face it, the psp phat isnt exactly the slimest thing to have in your pockets.

ok so pic didnt load lol, i will try get it on to work

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:03:32 AM by Chase »

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: Front Flip
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 06:01:13 AM »
upload it to www.imageshack.us ;) and then copy the url to here.

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 06:09:49 AM »
check the auction section of this site, you can get powerbaords for around $5 USD.

Edit: remember to accept the rues before you can buy or sell in the auction part of the site

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 06:16:44 AM »
ok heres the front flip pic hope that works if not just use http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0007nh9.jpg . The pics a liil bit blurry but u can still c it, alot of people are gonnae say well all u have done is cut out the case but i have is so it wont fall out when i flip it up and its not just sat there lol, it is actually functional, that about all i can tell you, when i get it completed i will post a vid of it just to prove to those who doubt, just to show it working, and oh yeah i will just get a start button pcb of ebay, costs like next to nothing anyway lol

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 07:15:20 AM »
thats cool,did you put any thing extra in there to make it harder to bruse the screen or is it just the screen out by itself?

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 08:22:41 AM »
Well in his post he said that he hasent made a cover for tube screen yet because he needs fiberglass. 

Just a word of advise, when you use the fiberglass, be caareful not to getthe resin on anything because you won't be able to get it off.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 02:45:14 PM »
dude use a thin sheet of perspex,preferably polycarbonate to cover that screen,and lacquer over it with clear lacquer,about 8 coats of the stuff in a totally dust free environment (no,you're garage/bedroom doesn't count) ,fibreglass is very hard to get to dry clear trust me if you use fibreglass it will make you cry
Derp.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to put fiberglass over the screen itself, but around it to protect the edges. I would carefully glue somthing hard and clear over the screen. Glue on the metal edges of the screen not the screen itself. Then you could use fiberglass to cover the edges to protect them and make it look better.

Anyway good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 12:17:18 AM »
well i still have the original part i cut out for the screen, i was just going to cover the edges in fibre glass so it looks better. Because i cant cut in a str8 line i have to do all this effort, instead of using the dremo i shud have used a juniour hacksaw but im kinda lazy lol, more work in the long run but times not a factor lol. so the fibreglass isnt nessassery but it looks as good as a 90 yr old with plastic boobs, so its just really to make it more appealing, thanks for the input  :hifive:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal