Author Topic: I want a new PC Case.  (Read 6166 times)

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
I want a new PC Case.
« on: February 12, 2008, 08:31:59 AM »
Hello everyone, since this is the greatest forum of all, ive decided to put my question down here. Now i'm really getting ticked off from my pc case(can be found in the pc thread), nothing seems to survive in this and its dusting up my room. Now, ive been looking at cases and im leaned towards the antec 900. Im looking for silent, yet gaming case with a nice window(i have many cathodes). Thanks for ur advice.

Edit:
Im looking at the ThermalTake Armor case and its nice.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 08:45:22 AM by aZiZ1 »

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: I want a new PC Case.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:49:42 AM »
if you want silent and dustless the 900 is NOT the way to go, i have one and love it except for having to cut the mobo tray to run wires behind it, but it run incredibly loud 5 fans total the 200mm is quiet, but the 120's are freaking loud, and the majority of the case is a screen in conjunction with the amount of fans this lets massive amounts of dust to collect in every little corner of the case. i blow it out once a weak, but don't enjoy doing so.

the only good thing is it only seems to let dust in, the cat and dog hair seems to get stuck to the outside just fine easer to wipe off.

but all joking aside, the 900 is a great case, but its not quiet and it will attract massive quantities of dust, but its all up to you in the long run

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 08:58:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply, im still not sure what i want to do but one thing i know for sure is that this case needs to be changed ASAP. Nothing seems to work right. Ive blown 3 fans and 2 120mm fans and its just unlucky. i CANT HANDLE IT. besides the case is badly made.

The armor is nice, Armor or a lian li. I have a budget of 120$

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:09:06 AM »
what do you mean youve blown 3 fans? how? i don't thing a case can cause that. i can under stand wanting to upgrade cases but blaming a case on a bad fan seems like a stretch

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
I didnt mean that the case caused it, i just think this case is cursed thats all. i turn on my pc one night after getting back from vacation and my 2 window fans dont turn on including my 120mm in the rear of the pc. I dont know how but il tell u that im tired of this case.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »
sounds like a psu issue or a crappy fan issue

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »
To be fair i think it was a combination of both because my psu blew, and almost took my mobo with it. But i have bought and installed replacements now, im on to a new case.
The ThermalTake Armor has taken my heart at the moment unless someone wants to throw an opinion or 2 at me about other cases.

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 03:59:47 PM »
I have a Viper 2 case. Its really nice, not that loud, I think my xbox 360 is louder... but I only have to clean the dust out like 1 every 3 months! I'd recomend it, but its all about what style you want really. I like things out of the ordinary and this sure is. Here's a pic of mine

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:02:27 PM by Skullmaster »

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
im not crazy about the viper case, mainly cause i do NOT like cases with doors on them.

the other thing i dont like about some cases is the windows, i want a square window that shows off my goods, not some crazy "i came up with this on a drug trip" window

that killed my love for some cases i was originally looking at and i have to say that the 900 is about as wild as i will get with a window

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
Yeah, my first choice was a 900 but then my eyes seen the price tag and they rolled away....

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 06:17:35 AM »
price was not an issue with me, because my goal was to build a nice computer that wasn't going to be out dated after a weak. ive spent about $1,600.00 and im not done.  i still need my 2nd HDD a keyboard a mouse, and my 2 19in wide screen monitors

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 09:47:36 AM »
Im not going to be mean, but to me that viper case just seems like a hunk of plastic. I'm not dissing you or anything but as you said everyone has a different style. I try to be different, which is what lead me to my case that i have, and it has served me well these past 3 years(only paid 50$). So im looking at the thermaltake Armor and i havent seen many or if any of them around. But Everyone has an antec 900. I dont want to be an "Everyone"(i dont go with the damn flow).

Thanks.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 10:22:18 AM »
i have to convince my self that every one is trying to be like me because i bought the case before any one on AM posted a pick of theres but i didnt have enough cash to finish paying for the rest of it, so by the time i could post pics of something every one had done there case swap to the 900. but thats why when it warms up im going to paint the interior of the case

phenomenal

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »
With a laptop, you never have to clean it, apart from the screen like once every 5 months.

Although they have no window :(

But just get a case, and get a dust filter, they are cheap and dont allow any dust in. Its how my first computer died, i had to clean it every week, and once time, i destroyed it because of static.

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 01:23:40 PM »
yeah, but im not going to lie, im not a person that goes many places so having a laptop isnt the greatest choice for me, besides i have a dell laptop that i bought for 50$

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »
Get a Thermaltake Armor Liquid Cooling System Edition, i just got mine yesterday and it's great!

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
ive also got my POS school lap top. but when i have the money i think ill be picking up a mac cause there is no way ill ever go back to a HP, Dell, or IBM every one ive use has been a complete and total pile of :censored:

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »
Yeah, mac's the way to go. Thats gonna be my next computer, pc sucks...

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »
oh and phenom they dont make dust filters for the 900
about 30 or 40 % of the case is open

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 03:45:16 PM »
Yeah, looks like im making a trip to check out microcenter, last time i was there i remember them having that case there so im going to check it out and if the price is reasonable, even buy it.

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »
Yeah, micro center is a good place. I think they dont have them where I live anymore though cause they all went out of buisness... If all else fails, go on ebay, you can get them quite cheep there...

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »
i love love love microcenter some of there prices are good, but new egg can beat the tar out of them for some things my mobo was almost $60.00 more in store than off the internet

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 06:24:44 AM »
If you can avoid microcenter for some of their stuff... Its overpriced. For example, my thermaltake case was 159 in stores. 114 online. (without cooling)

But also you can find some great deals at microcenter, it really depends what they have on sale.

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 04:00:54 PM »
Not even if it was on sale, sometimes they're just stupid and make the original price really low, and whered u get it for 114$?, i havent gone there to microcenter yet, but im confident thats the case that i will be getting, i just havent had the time between school and the flu.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 07:55:15 PM »
on some products micro center sells them well below retail, but NEVER buy cable from them. 15ft S video with a employer discount is like 1.75 but its in strore is like 35.00

they will take a loss to sell you a printer, but they will make it back on the cables

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 08:01:46 PM »
you mac comments make me feel warm inside...mostly becasue people always, always antagonize me about it :(

as for pc cases, when i built mine for school we got all our parts at Fry's, however, ours was a POS, and ended up getting us left behind (wasnt 100% compatable with mobo as 3 screws pulled the mobo to the case causing it to short out)...never get a case-mouse-keyboard combo...the keyboard and mouse were even the old ps/2 ones. ew.

that was 35 but srsly, get a good cheap one. and i'd aslo suggest newegg. place is great. also look at tigerdirect.
just compare and buy the best one in your price range (but no combo pack, combo packs=POS everything)

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 08:49:16 AM »
I found it for $114 at provantage.com, but shipping there is like $30 dollars, but with shipping added, its still cheaper than other places that had the case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal