Author Topic: PulseVU 2 & 2X Questions...  (Read 1955 times)

Offline jderosa3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PulseVU 2 & 2X Questions...
« on: January 25, 2008, 02:11:20 PM »
I finally got in my second order I placed with you guys although I got the wrong item in.. I ordered the PulseVU 2 for my Wii and got the PulseVU 2X... Not sure what happened... anyways.

I know that the Pulse VU 2X was designed to work on the XBOX360, but SickMods Site states:

"This device is able to calibrate to the audio of nearly any target device, allowing it to be installed in practically any console, PC, or anything else with a 3V-5V power source. For use in the Wii however, we recommend the PulseVU 2."

Can I still install this device... and if so what functionality will it have... All I want is audio feedback.. I don't need message reminders... and it doesn't have to work when the Wii is off because I turn my Wii all the way off when not playing it.

Will I get any functionality at all out the PulseVU 2X at all. I just don't feel like sending it back... the first package got lost and i have waiting this long to get this in...

Anyone with experience with SickMods' items please advise. Thanks!

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: PulseVU 2 & 2X Questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 03:32:20 PM »
do you have to have pulse uv? aha i have a led fader delux im probably going to use that. it was suppose to be for my psp but i dont have that no more

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PulseVU 2 & 2X Questions...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:02:21 PM »
the 2X can be used in the wii

but.... you would be making a stupid move, the reason the 2X can be used in the wii is because you can just use the pads normally found on the 2. So essentially you'd just be using the 2 anyway for more money

So using the 2X in a wii is possible but REALLY stupid

Also you will lose the 2 pads and 10ohm resister on the 2 which allows you to perform the red standby fix:

"If the power light on your Wii is red when the console is off, meaning you do not have internet enabled and have WiiConnect24 turned off, then you may do the following installation to enable your lightbar to work when the console is off. If your standby light is orange, you can skip this step. The reason for this step is because when WiiConnect24 is disabled, then the Wii does not send power to the lightbar when the console is off. We remedy this problem by supplying power to the lightbar directly from the power supply.

To allow your lightbar to operate while the console is in red standby, you will need to remove the resistor indicated and then solder the two points shown to your PulseVU 2"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal