Author Topic: Got my clear case!!!!!!  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The greatest lovers were murderers first.
Got my clear case!!!!!!
« on: February 27, 2008, 08:24:07 AM »
I got my clear case today from www.clearxbox.com. I was wondering if anyone else got any XBOX cases from them?

I got PS2 ones and they were great, I could not complain :#1:! I have the 1.6 XBOX and it fits fine but I was wondering if there is a direct fit for the DVD bezel? I have the Phillips and it don't fit at all  :angry:but I think I wanna upgrade to a better drive. I know from what it says on the site that some work may be needed but I was wondering, if they made the bezel the way it is one of the DVD drives must be a perfect fit.

Thanks guys. Its nothing special bu I could post pics upon request.

Offline Craker

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I mod, then I exist
Re: Got my clear case!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:54:37 AM »
I got my clear case today from www.clearxbox.com.

Too expensive products!!!  :wacko:

And the "lighting kits" not are any mod :( its only buy premade things an mount it, that isnt a REAL mod...

I preffer do it myself and use imagination is much better...

I have the 1.6 XBOX and it fits fine

The version of Xbox is doesnt matter to fit the cases

but I was wondering if there is a direct fit for the DVD bezel? I have the Phillips and it don't fit at all  :angry:but I think I wanna upgrade to a better drive. I know from what it says on the site that some work may be needed but I was wondering, if they made the bezel the way it is one of the DVD drives must be a perfect fit.

Phillips drive its a good drive, but if you have a 1.6 motherboard you must have a Samsung drive

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:02:51 AM »
Ahhh what the hell here is a shot.....

I would also like to add some CCFL's but I am still debating on color. I want to get some kind of nice IDE cables to get rid of these boring ones so I might get UV CCFL's and get some UV responsive cables and stuff inside.

I know if I cant find a hard drive to put in that comes in a clear case I will jus make a clear top for one but I really want to do something with this ugly IDE and this DVD drive first. Oh and I wanna find out a way to put this ugly controller thingy inside so its not seen. I actually had a few times were something got hung up on it and I got scared something was going to get messed up.

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:09:50 AM »
Too expensive products!!!  :wacko:

And the "lighting kits" not are any mod :( its only buy premade things an mount it, that isnt a REAL mod...

I preffer do it myself and use imagination is much better...

The version of Xbox is doesnt matter to fit the cases

Phillips drive its a good drive, but if you have a 1.6 motherboard you must have a Samsung drive

Dude the case was dirt cheap! 20$ pluss a few bucks shipping!

Who cares if you dont think the light kits are real mods cause they are still real mods! You are taking something and adding something that did not come with it to make it different than stock it is stil a modification beeing plugg and play or not :rofl:.

I do agree I wil do something on my own and use more imagination but the kits are fine!

I know the version dont mater I just wanted to state what version I did the mod with.

Also I guess I will just take a screen shot of the info screen and some pics of the drive cause I do have a 1.6 with a Phillips drive.

PS: Im not trying to be a :censored: :cool:

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 10:20:18 AM »
If you cant tell by the pic above what type drive it is I will take a beter shot of it.

Here is a screen shot of the XBMC info screen with the XBOX version I have.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:14:23 PM »
Dont triple post.

You should frost the 'X' Part.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 12:19:22 PM »
nice job on the case install
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 12:27:30 PM »
Dont triple post.

Sorry but I couldn't edit the pic in so I made a new post then while I was making that one I got the message about a new post was made. I wanted another way around it but thats what I had to do.

I might get the surrounding of the X frosted and let the X alone. I think if the X was frosted it would not flow for the eye you know?

I know I am going to put actinic blue lights inside instead of the purple UV so it drops the level of "tacky" down a notch.

Thanks Marioparty. It really ain't anything at all. It took less than 10 minutes.

I also need a new Jewel. Apparently some solutions for removing paint are harmful to the crappy material they are made out of.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:32:48 PM by Dun_it_right »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 06:25:06 AM »
but if you have a 1.6 motherboard you must have a Samsung drive
i have 2 1.6's that i bought brand new and neither have a samsung drive
Derp.

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 08:45:32 AM »
I just got a 1.0 last night for nothing :tup:, I got it off of a local yahoo freecycle group. I did a TSOP and I relized I had the Thomson drive. I cleaned up the insides a bit and then I said hey the clear thingy for the DVD drive mod fits on this perfectly! Got my new Jewel out of the deal as well, now I just need to wait for the jewel fatory to be up and rolling again for my unique jewel.

Now I think I am going to use this XBOX for games and start my own slimbox mod on the other one ( the 1.6 ) and use it for nothing but a killer media center :dribble:.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 08:47:42 AM by Dun_it_right »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal