Author Topic: My networking days are over ( for now )  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The greatest lovers were murderers first.
My networking days are over ( for now )
« on: February 02, 2008, 07:07:09 PM »
Ok here is the deal and I hope someone can help me out.

I had talked before of networking XBMC to my pc via windows xp and watching any movies and listening to any music I purchased online with out upgrading my HDD and dumping these files onto it. Im sure alot of you guys do it, have done it or at least now about doing it but now I am stuck.

I had to go out and get a new PC the other night ad it comes ( like most do ) with Vista. Well excuse me if I sound dumb but I HATE VISTA! Vista sucks! It is so confusing and has so many run arounds to do eaxctly the same as what you could do with XP but now it takes about 3 hours to figure out how to do it. It has some cool new stuff but I think if I cant get networked soon Im going to down grade to XP.

Now does anyone know how to network to XBMC with Vista? I have been at it since I tok the thing out of the box and I cant get it for the life of me!

All I did before was share the folders I wanted to with the files I wanted to inside them and I selected workgroup ( smb ) on XBMC and within 2 other clicks of the button it took me to all my files on my PC. Plain and simple!

Please someone help me...??? :beg:

Offline Craker

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I mod, then I exist
Re: My networking days are over ( for now )
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:52:44 AM »

Now does anyone know how to network to XBMC with Vista?

I have pc with vista, dont work.

Try Flash FXP and link the two systems (PC and Xbox)

;)

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 06:25:45 AM »
vista's more hassle than its worth,get xp and u will have one seriously fast pc
Derp.

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 02:25:39 PM »
I have pc with vista, dont work.

Try Flash FXP and link the two systems (PC and Xbox)

What do you mean "link"?

I can ftp but i am limited to HD space till I upgrade and thats why I liked to just share files

vista's more hassle than its worth,get xp and u will have one seriously fast pc

Tell me about it man. I loved XP and allways thought about VISTA just cause it was new andone of those must have new things but now I know it just straight sucks. I am getting XP back soon I think.

Offline Craker

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I mod, then I exist
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 05:41:51 AM »
What do you mean "link"?

I mean this:

Link xD

No xD out of jokes, link, connect the sistems by ethernet using Flash FXP program ;)

Tell me about it man. I loved XP and allways thought about VISTA just cause it was new andone of those must have new things but now I know it just straight sucks. I am getting XP back soon I think.

Format the pc and install Windows XP, is other option ;)

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 05:56:07 AM »
Im just installing XP. I can FTP but I dont want these files on my XBOX HD. Networking does not take storage space on the xbox so it is a great allternative to a HDD upgrade as long as you can network properly.

Offline Craker

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I mod, then I exist
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 12:06:12 PM »
Im just installing XP. I can FTP but I dont want these files on my XBOX HD. Networking does not take storage space on the xbox so it is a great allternative to a HDD upgrade as long as you can network properly.

Too Hard.

Its more easy and fast to load archives directly on Xbox HDD

IDE Hard Drives arent too expensive ;) I buy a Hard Drive for my Xbox 1 year ago, 300GB and only 50$ ;) and there are a lot of movies, games, images, etc....

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 02:41:17 PM »
I dont kow about all that.

If you have the space on the hard drive sure its good but if you can network its just as good and for me since I dont have my HDD installed yet its the best I can do. It takes a second to select the file and then  the song or the movie starts dude. It dont take long at all, just a second or 2 and as far as getting hard drives cheap, I already have one that I am waiting to drop in. I just cant find a quick easy way to do it on the free time I have.

The set up with XP takes about a minute to do and since the media is coming from off of the PC why is it worth copying it again whe you can just share it with the PC? I also never had any problems with clarity or anything at all.

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »
Back in buisness! I dont know hor why it works all of a sudden but it does! YESSSS!  :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal