Author Topic: Mac Testers  (Read 3151 times)

phenomenal

Mac Testers
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:55:58 AM »
If you have a mac, with a recent OS, leopard prefered, but any made since 2000, then could you do me a huge favour.

Heres the story, Im working on a new code, as I just found out my current code doesnt work with macs, even though i tried it with safari, but i think its a windows thing. and as i don't have a mac, and the money to buy one, i need some generous folk here to help me out a bit, and it wont be much hassle, like once a week, ill post a link to yall, and you will just have a quick 2 minute look at it, check it all works and stuff.

whoever is up for it, is a life saver, and i promise i wont be much of a nusinece

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: Mac Testers
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »
yup fine by me i got 2 1 leapord and 1 tiger and my sis has another mac

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

phenomenal

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:58:19 AM »
ok thanks dude, your a life saver, as soon as i worked out an alternative code, ill post it to you on msn

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
testing somthing? ill do it!! as long as it dosn't kill my computer (just got it back after being parted for 4 days  :faint: $600 repair w/ new casing)

in fact this is not a nuisance, and shame on you for thinking so! i'd be glad, nay, honored to have the privilege to test this out
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 07:15:27 PM by noah03ark »

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »
testing somthing? ill do it!! as long as it dosn't kill my computer (just got it back after being parted for 4 days  :faint: $600 repair w/ new casing)

in fact this is not a nuisance, and shame on you for thinking so! i'd be glad, nay, honored to have the privilege to test this out

What in gods name did you do to it to need that much repair?  I'm guessing a fall?

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
it was in the other topic, dented case, yes a fall
 the area around my optical drive was messed up

what really made me mad was that i had the speck hard case on, which is supposed to prevent dents and s**t in a fall

which did not happen, in fact the opposite, the hard case is fine, and my computer took all the heat

and yes $600...but thats the baseline! if they needed to replace any components that might be extra, i'd be much more
i just got it back, and its like NIB. new top case, new bottom case, new keyboard, and new display frame. (the internals are the same, so i booted and everything was the same/ fine)

things i dont like about apple: too expensive; a baseline computer send in for repair is $600, i cant just ask them to fix one thing, in this case the bottom case, when they ship it in the repair people's job is to make it like NIB, not just fix one problem if, say, one could afford to fix only that thing, or didnt want anything else repaired. no choice. $600.

deda seems to have a sweeter deal for his alienware: free repairs, free replacement parts

apple could take a page out of alienware on this one (is that the saying? i have no clue  :faint: )

but as for the topic, yes, i want to test!

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 08:38:35 PM »
it was in the other topic, dented case, yes a fall
 the area around my optical drive was messed up

what really made me mad was that i had the speck hard case on, which is supposed to prevent dents and s**t in a fall

which did not happen, in fact the opposite, the hard case is fine, and my computer took all the heat

and yes $600...but thats the baseline! if they needed to replace any components that might be extra, i'd be much more
i just got it back, and its like NIB. new top case, new bottom case, new keyboard, and new display frame. (the internals are the same, so i booted and everything was the same/ fine)

things i dont like about apple: too expensive; a baseline computer send in for repair is $600, i cant just ask them to fix one thing, in this case the bottom case, when they ship it in the repair people's job is to make it like NIB, not just fix one problem if, say, one could afford to fix only that thing, or didnt want anything else repaired. no choice. $600.

deda seems to have a sweeter deal for his alienware: free repairs, free replacement parts

apple could take a page out of alienware on this one (is that the saying? i have no clue  :faint: )

but as for the topic, yes, i want to test!

I didn't realize it made a fall.  Thats another reason I like making my own computers, when I :censored: it up I have a spare part in my closet LOL

Also what about Apple Care?

To stay on topic, Phenom, why don't you hit up the Apple Forums as I am sure they would be more than willing to help you out if it helps out Apple users in general

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 10:30:22 PM »
i think he doesn't trust some people with his myspace code so he wants someone he can trust

PINOY AKO

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 04:29:51 AM »
I didn't realize it made a fall.  Thats another reason I like making my own computers, when I :censored: it up I have a spare part in my closet LOL

Also what about Apple Care?

To stay on topic, Phenom, why don't you hit up the Apple Forums as I am sure they would be more than willing to help you out if it helps out Apple users in general

indeed, making one's own computer that would be much easier.

as  for apple care, i have it but it covers only certain things, not including water/liquid damage and 'accidents'

this fell under 'accidents', so it was not covered. gotta pay :'(
and heeellll naw, apple ain't perfect, but gosh darnitall, i just love the computas' (it srsly looks NIB: new top and bottom assembly, LCD surrounding assembly, and display bezzel, which unfortunately i have no idea what that is)

as for phenom, yeah 4dp has a point, he might not trust, but incase you do, i have a recommended mac site: macrumors.com
great place

phenomenal

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »
it doesnt matter wether your trusted or not, nobody actually sees the code, its just testing if the page works, its like a 2 minute job, ive found out what might be the problem already, maybe if i move the players z index to a higher number, it might solve it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal