Author Topic: metal faceplate?? (psp slim)  (Read 26558 times)

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
metal faceplate?? (psp slim)
« on: February 14, 2008, 06:14:15 PM »
i need some one to make me a metal face plate and back plate for a psp slim cause every time i get a new system and play it too much my mom breaks it she broke my xboxs i got two xboxs for x-mas and she broke both i only had them for 4 months my dad broke my computer just cuz he was mad at me and my last slim got smashed by my mom...so if some one can get me a metal faceplate ill pay you watever it cost you to make it just be reasonable with the price  :psp:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:11:44 AM by 4dP »

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: metal faceplate?? (psp slim)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 07:11:03 PM »
NEMESIS HERE TAKING UP ON WHAT TDX DONE:
the amount of spam posts you make in NON-SPAM areas are unbelievable seriously. there is no need for posts such as these so either cut the act or dont post at all simple as. any further spam posts on psp slim board i will make sure to delete

TDX Supporting Bretheren:

To let you know administrators have been informed of your actions and you will face a ban soon enough.

I22 Foosh here:

Ive stopped spamming, so guys just calm the :censored: down... Sorry. I have a semi-foul mouth. I was warned by mod by message already, so i know now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 07:16:40 PM by i22foosh »
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:01:06 AM »
you want an actual milled metal faceplate and backplate?

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 04:48:27 PM »
yea thats what i need a metal face and back plate that wont bend or crack if you hit it with a hammer

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 10:57:24 PM »
as far as i know there is no metal faceplate and i dont think anyone will waste the time developing one

PINOY AKO

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 07:05:05 AM »
you could get one cnc machined,just get a 3d model file of a psp faceplate and BAM you can make ya'llself a faceplate.....well u cant but u can have it machined...which costs good money
Derp.

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »
actually besides that not being a ton of money you could make a mold out of an existing psp case then fill it with liquid hot metal. and crack it out. But then theres the money. :). I would just but a nice case made of metal with a lock and bubble rap.

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »
ok i kinda get it its hard and expensive  :greedy: so wat about a reinforced face plate like maybe put little sheet metal plates on the inside of the face plate, sort of like triming and patching the weak parts of face plate  wait it doesnt have to be molten metal wat about a sheet metal plate the size of the face plate and bend it into shape then weld all the little parts like the holes for the screws and stuff  :psp:

if some one knows how to make the mold to put the molten metal in tell me maybe i can do it myself i just need to know how

edit:
yeh im sure that will happen, steel is essentially the same as plastic :taunt:
steel aint one bit like plastic but dosent plastic burn when its hot i dont get how the make the plastic face plates even if some company does make the plates their going to sell them for more then the psp are worth alone :greedy:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 04:56:42 AM by Nemesis »

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 10:43:47 AM »
I lol'ed at that for a minute. Anyway it's like Ryan said. Unless you can get a Cnc'ed faceplate, or else get a program like Rhino 3D and make one, then get a millimachine ( forgot how to spell it, dont sue me :P) and make it, then you're pretty boned, mate. If anything I suggest hiding the stuff or try to make a case for your psp, like one made outta nerf, I know there's one for the DS and that thing can seriously hold a beating.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 05:12:33 PM »
I lol'ed at that for a minute. Anyway it's like Ryan said. Unless you can get a Cnc'ed faceplate, or else get a program like Rhino 3D and make one, then get a millimachine ( forgot how to spell it, dont sue me :P) and make it, then you're pretty boned, mate. If anything I suggest hiding the stuff or try to make a case for your psp, like one made outta nerf, I know there's one for the DS and that thing can seriously hold a beating.
  nerf!!??  sounds good enuff but isn't that more like a case then a face plate?

is that stuff about makeing money for visiting sites true??

Offline kow777

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »
carry your psp with you so your mom doesn't get it
do your parents buy you your consoles?
if they do i think your parents need to think before they do stuff

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 04:56:44 PM »
i do carry it with me everywhere i go :psp: .... the xbox and the computer my parents bought and broke my first slim i bought with my own money, and my mom broke it  :cry2: this is my second one and im trying to make sure that dosent happen again... :eyebrow:

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 06:05:26 PM »
Dude just keep it away from her i think thats your best choice
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 09:38:39 PM »
Ok I know that this is not a metal faceplate but its a good alternative
http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVER-Premium-Metal-Case-Skin-Cover-for-Sony-PSP-SLIM_W0QQitemZ310024635630QQihZ021QQcategoryZ122516QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I found a couple of them on ebay, so it may not be the cheapest one.

Offline Sil3ntP3nguin

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Projects here and there!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 02:06:05 AM »
the faceplate wont cost much to make. the only thing thats ahrd to do is the rivets of the underside of the faceplate. like where the screws go in. that is pretty much the only problem with making a custom faceplate. it would only cost you about $500 for stainless steel...
I like tech stuff. Artist in all media's. Photographer. ps3 gamer. i7 computerer.
I sell domestic electronics online, work at a pizzeria, and sell more electronics
and get over $1000 a month doing it :D

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 05:00:08 AM »
all spam posts removed, luckily this was not locked but members please keep away from spamming out of the spam & chat section

thanks
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 04:18:10 AM by Nemesis »

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 12:36:37 PM »
Ok I know that this is not a metal faceplate but its a good alternative
http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVER-Premium-Metal-Case-Skin-Cover-for-Sony-PSP-SLIM_W0QQitemZ310024635630QQihZ021QQcategoryZ122516QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I found a couple of them on ebay, so it may not be the cheapest one.

:tup: this is pretty good but i think it'll still break if she hits it with a hammer  :cry2:

EDIT:
the faceplate wont cost much to make. the only thing thats ahrd to do is the rivets of the underside of the faceplate. like where the screws go in. that is pretty much the only problem with making a custom faceplate. it would only cost you about $500 for stainless steel...

thats alot $500 :faint: i might as well just buy a new psp if she breaks it :eyebrow: but what if u make the holes for the screws bigger wont that be easiesr to make and wont it make it cheaper :dntknw:
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 09:59:08 AM by Nemesis »

Offline XXXXXX

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 08:29:24 PM »
What kinda hammer does your mom use??? :dribble:
i'm guessing if you have steel case on the screen you won't be able to play on it anymore.  The screen is the most vulnerable spot so u have three choices to make
1. have a metal case that opens to play
2. have a metal faceplate covering the screen too (will work only if you mom uses a small hammer not a 20 lb. hammer)
3. get rid of your mom    :x:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:34:21 PM by XXXXXX »

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »
it depends how mad she is when she broke my xboxs she thru them down the stairscase then she took them out side and used the hammer :cry2: it was carpenter hammer those basic metal hammer you know? the first psp slim i had she smashed it against the fridge and then she took it to the garage and smashed wat was left with a hammer and my dad he stomped the viruises out of my computer he was mad at me :cry2: for no reason and he took out his anger on my computer he kicked it thru it around it was pretty crazy i bet i could have fixed it but he took the mobo and the screen so i couldn't even try now im at his work useing his company computers he cant smash these :taunt:

you know for the screen it would be nice to have like a thick glass like bullet proof glass :cool: from cars so if she did hit it and smash it around only stuff that could break is the mobo and the chips and inside

so this psp would be bullet proof but not bomb proff only way she so could break it would be to blow it up but that would cost hella money to make a bullet proof psp  :cool:

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 01:24:27 PM »
yo no offence but you're mom is a crazy biatch..... and if i waz you i'd just hide it in a metal chest with a pad lock when its not in use. then when it is in use id make sure she was no where near me... but ya ur parents got issues...

Offline XXXXXX

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 03:06:56 PM »
you should get yourself one of these small safes and somehow weld/glue the safe to the floor so your mom wouldn't throw the whole thing in the garbage.

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 05:10:47 PM »
you should get yourself one of these small safes and somehow weld/glue the safe to the floor so your mom wouldn't throw the whole thing in the garbage.

i thought about getting a safe before but thats kinda expensive  :faint:

im not so worried anymore about her breaking it cause she's kinda calming down she's not as crazy as before  :victory:

EDIT:
yo no offence but you're mom is a crazy biatch.....

ya she is sometimes, but who cares, im still alvie! :boxed:  :victory:

Nemesis: don't double post, use the button
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 04:17:24 AM by Nemesis »

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 02:45:33 AM »
safes arnt that expennsive i can get one that could at least fit 50 psp's for $50 at my local hardware shop

Offline feeble-psp

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • If u want me il be on gta 4
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 12:58:20 PM »
your not serious that your mom and dad really do that i find it hard to belive they must have money to burn if they do i cant bevise that an adult could have so little respect for things that are so expensive how many £1000's have they wasted smashing your consules and that bit about throwing your xbox down the stairs and then smashing it with a hammer dosunt seem real seems like somthing of smashmystuff.com :faint:

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 02:34:47 PM »
idk what you mean

that bit about throwing your xbox down the stairs and then smashing it with a hammer dosunt seem real seems like somthing of smashmystuff.com :faint:

but it's true she really did throw it down the stairs...she thought it would crack open like an egg or sumthing but all i remember is that the little thing that sticks out when you eject a cd from the xbox it came out somehow and snaped off and the rest of the stuff was fine thats why she got...well she didnt get a hammer first she got a stool from the kitchen and smashed it with that a few times then i was crying my eyes out :cry2: and she left to get the other one and did the same thing i didn't know wheather to save the smashed one or to try and get the other one away from her so i just grabed the smashed up one ran to the garage she ran after me and took from me and that where she got the hammer and used the part of the hammer you pull out nails with and destroyed the rest of it from there there was a few parts that where still good so i took that one to my friends house he lived a few houses down the street and when i came back i found the other one in the garbage already smashed up the green circle on top was smashed in other then that it looked ok so i took that one to his house too then i was just picking up other stuff that came off the xbox like the whole entire front section where the buttons are that came off from the first one it look ok but the wire part that connects it to the xbox was ripped off and that kinda made that part useless they both had something really important broken off there was the xbox that didn't have the plate with the buttons cuz it got riped off and the other xbox got the top smashed in to the hard drive something like that i dont really remember this happened like when i was in 8th grade im 11th now so that was like two or three years ago well anyway a few days later i went to my friends house to see if we could save one if we could use parts from both of them to rebuild one but we didnt know  :censored: about moding or electronics so i tryed to sell them to this short fat kid that lived a block over from where we lived he only knew where i lived so i took the xboxs back to my house and he meet me over at my house to pick them up i was trying to get him to give me 40 dollars for the both of em but when i was giving him the xboxs my mom saw that i still had them so she got her hammer again and smashed them up right in front of us i told that stupid fat kid to take them and run but what do you expect he lives a block away and he cant run for crap he got scared when he saw my mom smashing them up so he just kinda took off empty handed and there i was again watching my mom finish off the xboxs this was the first console my mom broke well first two actually then she broke my psp and after that my dad broke my computer the psp i bought with my money the computer was a birthday present from my mom but i think my dad bought it the xboxs where both christamas presents one from my mom and the other from my cousin now all i got is a psp :psp: this is the longest i ever had a videogame console that i bought with my own money and hasn't goten smashed  :victory:

Offline pspcracker

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • do or die live free mod if you can mod if you cant
Re: metal faceplate? (psp slim)
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »
dude get a small safe and bubble rape it in the inside and pad it up in the in side and put all of your stuff that u do not want to get SMASH

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 09:23:01 PM »
i would get a safe but it's cheaper to hide stuff in the air vents and in my jeans in the closet nobody looks there  :victory:

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 02:04:14 PM »
 :censored: a metal faceplate, i'd call the damn cops, if thats what they'er doing to your consoles i can only imagine what their doing to you..... dude your parents have serious issues... wtf did you do to get them soo enraged that they thought the only fair punishment was to destroy your consoles and cpu????

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 06:31:01 PM »
What did you do to make them that mad? I guess it wasn't that mad i had a friend in 6th grade his mom got so mad she threw his ps2 though a window from the 2nd floor because he didn't want to be the alter boy at church, I did that smart thing by backing away slowly and went home.

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 10:30:42 PM »
:censored: a metal faceplate, i'd call the damn cops, if thats what they'er doing to your consoles i can only imagine what their doing to you..... dude your parents have serious issues... wtf did you do to get them soo enraged that they thought the only fair punishment was to destroy your consoles and cpu????
i never did anything to them it's cuz i always had bad grades and my mom blamed my video games :angry: saying that i never did my homework and stuff like that which was kinda true but it wasn't the home work it was the test that they gave me at school if i  :censored: up the test my whole grade went down the drain but any way, that day my mom broke my xbox it was just cuz i didn't want to fold some towels and she was already kinda mad at my sisters for something so thats all it took for her to take her anger out on my xboxs when she broke my psp (the first slim i had) i was playing at the table in the kitchen and she was cooking something and when i put the psp down just to get something i forgot what i was going to get or why i put it down :dntknw: but when i put it down she snatched it :angry: and said i was only going to get it back on the weekends but i didn't want to wait so i was begging for her to give it back :beg: ... (BTW this happened like around january this year) ... well i was there begging and begging and a few minutes later she said if i didn't calm down she was going to break it and i said i dont care i'll just buy another one :winker: and she said oh yeah we'll see about that... like i said we were in the kitchen and the fridge was right next to us so she banged it up on the side corner of fridge a few times i dont know :dntknw: exactly what happened to the psp :psp:  :cry2: but i do remember that the memory stick and the game inside poped out and i picked them up when they hit the floor :victory: the rest of the psp broke in to some smaller pieces and i picked those up to idk know why :dntknw: but i did :winker: ... the main chunk of the psp was still in my moms hand she didn't even smash it up that bad so she went to the garage and got the hammer this time it was more planned out i could tell she was already planning to break it cuz she new exactly where the hammer was... when she broke the xboxs she was asking me where the hammer was, like if i was going to tell her, well anyway... i followed her to the garage and i wanted to snatch the psp of the table where she was about to smash it  :x: but she was like go ahead stick your hand in there see what happens so i held back and grabed watever flew off the psp every time the hammer hit it, after she was done i dont remember what happened to the rest of the psp :dntknw: but i do remeber that i was picking up little parts that didnt look completely  :censored: up... the weirdest thing was that the umd door was still in the kitchen in one piece it was so perfect and shiny like a brand new psp :yess: but it was just the little door... i saved the parts that i could in a little plastic bag i just that i forgot if i thru it away or if i hid it somewhere :dntknw: that makes me hella mad :angry: cuz i found this site and i could have used that umd door or the trigger that i had to have a back up if i mest up on something ... oh yeah when my dad broke my cpu it was the stupidest reason well actually i dont think he even had a reason he was just mad ... i was takeing a shower and everyone was waiting for me cuz we were going to a reasturant and my dad was just out side the bathroom rushing me he was like hurry the  :censored: up you take forever blah blah he was saying this in spanish ... i was already done takeing a shower, i was getting dressed and i was trying to tell him to just go and i would stay home and eat something but he was like no your not staying all you want to do is play your stupid computer and i think thats when the idea struck him :faint: he threatened me by saying he was going to break the computer if i didn't get out i was telling him hang on i'll be out in second and he didn't wait he just went to my room while i was still in the bathroom getting dressed and all i heard was a bunch of crashing and smashing stuff it was kinda scarying :fear: :fear: :faint: cuz i knew if i got out of the bathroom he would probably take off his belt and start whooping me with it so i just waited till he was done and when i got out there it was all smashed up my mom came up stairs and said what happened and was like what do you think theres a smashed up computer infront of us and an angry :angry: guy down stairs she said just forget you can clean it up later so when we got to the resturant he didn't even have a  :censored: reservation and i felt like rubbing it in his face saying wtf!  :eyebrow: all the rush and you aint even got a reservation!! but my mom kinda tryed to stop me she was like dont push him so i keept quiet and after like 15 minutes we got our food ate then went home but on our way to the car i dont remember what happened but my mom and dad got mad at me for something and they kicked me out the car and said walk home i was kool with dat cuz i was hella full but i didn't want to go home and i didn't have anywhere else to go (BTW my house was like 5 blocks from the resturant wasn't very far) so i went to the park walk thru this one trail that leads to another city then i was walking around some weird neighboorhood then thru this residential area and i got a little lost for a while but i was like what the hell nothing matters now so i kept walking then eventually i figured out where i was and i followed the train tracks north and i got home really fast it was faster then walker thru the streets when i got home my mom was asking me where i was and she said my dad went to go look for me and said i was just walking around ... when i got to my room i found the keyboard the mouse and a whole bunch of  little plastic parts that didnt even look like they belong to the computer the plastic frame that goes on the lcd screen was broken the screen looked fine the monitor the box watever you call that thing it was all bent and stuff i got a pic of the computer
i think my dad was stomping on it cuz thats the only way it would have ended up like this...

EDIT:
What did you do to make them that mad? I guess it wasn't that mad i had a friend in 6th grade his mom got so mad she threw his ps2 though a window from the 2nd floor because he didn't want to be the alter boy at church, I did that smart thing by backing away slowly and went home.
at least that kids mom didn't go after the ps2 with a hammer  :tup: ... you could have backed away out of the room and take the ps2 so his mom would go after it then give it to your friend later  :hifive: but it's alittle late for that now..

Nemesis: Dude stop double posting, modify your first post by using the edit button.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:46:21 PM by Nemesis »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal