Author Topic: el paper in dsl  (Read 2785 times)

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
el paper in dsl
« on: February 15, 2008, 05:48:47 AM »
alright, so i was reading the post for the psp el wire and was wondering if el paper would put too much of a drain on a ds i ordered some and it should be here by monday, along with my new clear blue shell i also was wondering if the inverter used on the el wire would be strong enough to power the el paper the same way... seeing as it will only be one small 2 inch by 2 inch piece.... if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated and hopefully this will all work out and ill have picture up by next friday  :victory:

oh yes, and i know i will be able to make room in the casing for every thing, so please dont point out the size factor
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 05:55:02 AM by voices_clear »

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: el paper in dsl
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 05:58:44 PM »
whats "el paper"
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 07:50:40 PM »
its the same as el wire pretty much except that it lights up a whole sheet instead of just a small wire... it is amazing for use on a custom jewel to light just it up cause it can be cut into any shape or size

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 05:05:53 AM »
its the same as el wire pretty much except that it lights up a whole sheet instead of just a small wire... it is amazing for use on a custom jewel to light just it up cause it can be cut into any shape or size

Where did you buy your EL-Paper, I looked around and couldn't find a place to buy some.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 05:46:06 PM »
http://www.caribbeancustomdesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=58
thats where im ordering it from :) car detailing shops... lol cheapest place to get an adequate sized piece for the project

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 08:48:17 AM »
oh yes, that is a useful link there

el paper would be nice

However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 03:10:56 AM »
yes... im still waiting to send the money order out... forgot it was presidents day yesterday and i feel really stupid  :whoosh: but due to money issues it will have to wait til tomorrow to order... oh yea... if im thinking right too... this stuff would work really well to replace broken back light screens with the right work around

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 06:35:57 PM »
yes... im still waiting to send the money order out... forgot it was presidents day yesterday and i feel really stupid  :whoosh: but due to money issues it will have to wait til tomorrow to order... oh yea... if im thinking right too... this stuff would work really well to replace broken back light screens with the right work around
yea, but I dont know many people with A back light problem
maybe for like me gameboy color or something
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »
Hmm the thing is the backlight is 4 little LEDS lit under the screen. I think outta all of the layers in the top screen, it's like the 2,3,or 4th layer inside. Besides if it's put in the back of the screen, it won't really lite it up too well now will it :P
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 07:31:40 AM »
im not sure yet... i need to get it still.... but i think it would work pretty well... other than needing to add the inverter and the extra strain on the battery lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal