Author Topic: Need Some Help  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Zay22446688

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Need Some Help
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »
The first thing is that I bridged the backlight fuse and now my backlight turns on but the screen displays random lines. So what could be the problem?
The next thing is that my brother's psp has had a problem where only the power led turns on for a few seconds and then turn off. The psp is not bricked because sometimes it turns on, it just happen when he was listening to music and he gave his psp to his friend. And could I fix this by bridging the power fuse?

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Need Some Help
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:49:47 PM »
   Make sure that the wire ribbon to the back light is correctly connected to the motherboard. About your brothers problem, it sounds like a hard ware problem.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:35:39 AM »
Ok the random lines may be caused by the actual LCD donnecror itself not making firm contact with the mobo. Try putting a piece of paper on the back in the connector.

The psp not turning on could be caused by a cracked lcd. But it dosent sound like thats the case. If it's ever been opened there's a chance there may be a short somewhere. I'd take the mobo and powerboard out of the psp and see if it will start. Actually just take off the LCD cage and reconnect the LCD and see if it will turn on.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »
    I would tell you from personal experience pertaining to your brothers psp problem, that 9 out of 10, the problem is a hardware problem and does not have a fix, unless the mobo gets replace by another one. This problem is normally cause by some form of a hard impact to the psp, like droping it to the floor, ect... The 1 percent would be a normal brick. In this case use a pandora battery and a magic memory stick to unbricked.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
 :angry: My psp has the random lines too... This week sometime I'll try the paper method. I haven't seen much anything online about how to fix it, but I'll look into it... When (and if) I find something, I'll be sure to PM you. :victory:

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »
   The trick is to apply pressure to the back light ribbon wire plug on the mobo. This is what the little black tab on the plug does, putting firm pressure so the connection remains steady. Which ever way you do it, make sure to put firm pressure on it.

Offline Zay22446688

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 06:39:00 AM »
When I put the paper in do I also put the lcd cable in and then turn it on, or just the paper?

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »
Yes you apply the paper to the back of the lcd connector and then plug them both in. It just apply pressure to make sure all the pins touch firmly.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal