Author Topic: my ds officially hates me  (Read 1766 times)

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
my ds officially hates me
« on: February 26, 2008, 04:13:32 AM »
i ordered a new ds ghost shell and put it all back together, knowing that the top screen would go out any day... it was doing the whole im a flickering lcd about to die thing.... and then today after the case was fully put back together, i turned it on started to play a game... and then it died

so now... i think i may part it out and just buy a new one... but i dont know still though

the only two things that still work on it is the mobo and the bottom lcd... the touch screen quit working for me long time ago lol... and the way i look at it, since i work at a game store i can get one off of some one when they bring it in for only $60

and its going to cost me at least $30 to get this one working again

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
Re: my ds officially hates me
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:16:22 AM »
hmm

are you sure the ribbon isnt in all way? can you post a pic of the screan because I could tell if its not in or what, also post a pic of the ribbon and how far you have it in

maybe I could trade you something for your mobo because I got 2 extra top screans both with the speakers soldered on (I soldered on 1 of the 2)
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 12:16:33 PM »
If you're saying that the only thing not working in your ds is just the top screen, then easily get it replaced. It ain't hard, will probably cost you less then 15 if you have the tri-gram screwdriver, and doesn't require any soldering. Lucky you work at a game store though, and can get one for 60$ :P I struggle to win a bid on eBay for broken ones for 40-55$
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 12:12:45 PM »
its not just the top screen that quit working... the touch screen went out too...
so it will cost me about $30 to repair as compared to $60 to replace... so i think that parting it out will be the better choice as that i get to get a fully working one and an extra battery

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 02:10:46 PM »
Ok I'll be frank and honest. Once you mess a touch screen, it's gonna be hell to replace it. I am atm trying to fix mine, and the ribbon keeps bending so much, the touch screen won't work when I test it, so I'm giving up on it. You basically have to get the dbl-sided tape from your touch screen, since mine dint come with it, then place it in the right position, or the screen will be off, and then put that ribbon which is such a pain and you have a high chance of rebreaking it. Honestly, I would sell it off, I'm doing that right now, because unless it's a phat, then lites are soo annoying with smaller parts.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 06:40:09 PM »
how much you selling yours off for... if i heard you right.. and you are selling it cause of the broken touch

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 02:24:32 PM »
Yes I am, and please don't mention the selling here, I can get in trouble for that :P. I have a topic in the Auction section saying "Selling 2 broken Ds'". They both have a broken touch screen, but one has a replacement that I just decided not to put in because I was too frustrated, it's still new and good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal