Author Topic: Is My Motherboard Goosed???  (Read 2489 times)

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
Is My Motherboard Goosed???
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:20:31 AM »
Ive been doing some mods to my psp but i think i broke the mobo. I stuidly shorted the circuit, but now wen i try to turn on my psp the green on led flashes. i cant get it to stay on, i know its not the on off circuit board as i tried it with a working on off board and it just done the same, anyone any ideas wats happened???

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
Re: Is My Motherboard Goosed???
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 03:37:45 AM »
Q: Is My Motherboard Goosed?
A: I don't know...

but you could check to see if you have any shorts anywhere or to test to see if your motherboard still works simply take your psp appart put the screen mobo and powerboard together with nothing else attatched plug the ac adapter in and try to turn it on while it is not in its shell.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 06:36:51 AM »
It sounds like a short. Find it. Fix it. Done.

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:20:34 AM »
lol kicks i like the fast thinking but its not that easy to noice if theres a short anywhere, ive had it out the case just the screen mobo and the power board and still the same thing. i Cant c if there is any shorts as the board is so damn small, any other ideas on what it might be or can i test it some way with a multimeter to identify the problem?

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 07:23:55 AM »
lol kicks i like the fast thinking but its not that easy to noice if theres a short anywhere, ive had it out the case just the screen mobo and the power board and still the same thing. i Cant c if there is any shorts as the board is so damn small, any other ideas on what it might be or can i test it some way with a multimeter to identify the problem?

i think its fairly broken then, unless you do that button combo that resets the flash on the psp to see if that changes anything, but i cant remember what it was lol.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 07:30:38 AM »
i think its fairly broken then, unless you do that button combo that resets the flash on the psp to see if that changes anything, but i cant remember what it was lol.
Has nothing to do with hardmods.

And thanks lol. Uhm, ok try to make sure the back of the LCD is not touching the motherboard and NO metal or anything is touching the motherboard when it's out of the case. Make sure there's no static too. Try it then, if it turns on when NOTHING is touching the motherboard, you just need to find what was touching it to cause the short. If it still doesn't turn on, well, I think you fried something.

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 07:53:37 AM »
yes what kicks said is true i dont think it can help i had that problem on my friends psp too it was because a he opened his psp a lot and he accidentally pulled a wire off and the wire was touching the mobo and caused a short...
try to take the full mobo of the psp out along with the power board and run it outside the caseand see if it turns on, cause sometimes the lcd cage can be shorting or something else can too. and if you are still wondering about the combo its was square+triangle+start+select . turn the psp on and press all theses buttons as soon as the psps power led comes on (it wont help in your case cause its like a hardware problem.)

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 08:04:45 AM »
i think it may be fried lol, damn it, is there a way i can check the little reistors near the part where the power board plugs in on the mobo, so i cud maybe just change that or is there an easy way to spot if theres a fault like, blackened soldering points?

oh and yeah forgot to say, if i connect pins 8And 9 counting from the right, the green led lights up so i no im getting power, can anyone tell me wat the 4R7 on the back of the mobo is?

1Sniper-like pspkicks said, dont double post, just hit the edit button on the side --->
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:14:45 AM by 1Sniper »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 08:17:03 AM »
Considering you probably don't have anything to lose, try bridging the power fuse. Hold on, I'll see if I can find the picture for you.

Oh, and for future reference please do not double post, use the edit button on the bottom right of your post. Thank you.

*edit*
Ok, here's the picture of the power fuse.

Just solder a wire from one end of it to the other end, or put a blob of solder over it connecting 1 side to the other side.
Post back if that works.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:23:02 AM by PspKicks316 »

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 08:27:56 AM »
nah never worked mate but thanks for the input,ive tride bridging most of the parts lol but they just dont seem to work lol

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »
Well, going around bridgin random things won't help. If anything that'll probably make things worse.

Does it power on when the charger is plugged in?

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »
charger light comes on but still doesnt power up, i think i  may have blown one of the fuses or sumthing

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 06:02:25 AM »
And it stays on? Weird.

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 07:45:13 AM »
im positive ive shorted something but i cand feckin find it lol

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 07:46:56 AM »
Well if no metal is touching the motherboard and it's still like that, it's not a short.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal