Author Topic: Indy finds a lupol (again)  (Read 1607 times)

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

Indy finds a lupol (again)
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »
Ok so in short I uberly messed up my prelims due to being off of school for a month leading to me not knowing any of the criteria required and pretty mcuh I blame myself for nto pulling my finger out soon but I've seen the error of my ways and am hoping to turn it around so that I can pursue my potential Law career with relative ease. Please Read I need opinions  :beg:

"Only one resit of a National Qualification Unit Assessment (NAB) is permitted, except in
Special Circumstances.
It is now to be taken to mean something more flexible than in original instructions. The Principal
Teacher has room to make a professional judgement relating to failed assessment "

My case stands that admittedly I did substantially poor in my mock examination but I clearly worked as hard as I could to turn it all around. I went into the prelim knowing I had completely no idea on hwo to do unit 2 but with persistent dedication I was able to turn that around with the help of a tutor and a lto of additioan lself-study which gave me the oppurtunity to passs this NAB. I have clearly showed a change in attitude towards the course, a further understanding  of the topic and persistence to excel.

My proposal is that due to the fact that the SQA states that under special circumstances an additional  resit may be taken on the head of departments discretion, I feel as if I am obliged to this.

I believe this because I failed by one outcome of which I was consistent in my mistake of differentiation instead of integration and was penalized for doing so.

I also believe that I, myself am extremely capable to pass the said assessment and get a substantial grade in my final exam against all previous predictions.

To summarize I know that I can complete the assessment given an additional chance due to the simple fact that I did somethign that I thought was somethign else. I thought the question asked for differentiation therefore I differntiated. I feel I should not be penalised for this as I can do both techniques and to put it simply made a mistake that lead me to my failure.

Given the chance I know I can change this as I have alreaday proved my new found dedication and I feel personally that I am ellgible for the resit under these special conditions based on the head of departments  discretion.

David Myles
(IndyChav)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 04:20:58 AM by IndyChav »

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Indy finds a lupol (again)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »
first if its not really a lupol, a lupol is more where one rule contradicts another

anyway im sorry to here about that man, but what it all comes down to is if making a misreading of a question counts as "special circumstances, i wish you all the best i really do but it just doesn't seem like a special circumstance, people misread questions all the time and the fact that the improper rule was applied to the question is a mistake that any student would be marked down for, its like if you fail any exam, sometimes people get answers wrong that they could normally get right easilly, but what it waters down to is if this counts as a special circumstance they could just let you resit and resit until you get 100%

give it a try, no one will begrudge you that just dont get your hopes up because it justy doesn't seem likely....im not siding with anyone thats just what i believe

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 05:07:45 PM »
I appreicate the response I jsut feel I was poorly judged. My first attempt I didnt know any of the criteria btu was forced to sit it or to be chucked from the course. The department have been trying to get rid of me for about 4 years now but I always find a way to stay in normally through sheer indy luck regardlessly they detest that and jsut want me gone. IF you've read my statistics thread this also corresponds to it. I'll give it a shot, im good with improvisation adn thinking on my feet so hopefully I will coem up with somethign when they hit me with the opposing argument, but surely teachers would rather see a student excel rather than being supressed to depression?

I was genuinely contemplating quiting everyhting and jsut taking up a low paid job with no career prospects, if i take up a career at all in reflection I think the most probable alternative was that I lead myself to a life full of crime which could lead to mass jail time and potentially death penalty fi i decide to move to america for that =\

*edit*
a more educated approach to the above point

"reassessment of candidates that may have been timed too early in the course."

further support for my argument is that the sqa special  conditions apply to students who sat the assessment to early in the course. With the evidence of my first sitting it is quite clear that I was unprepared for the assessment through my simple lack of answers. There is one thing getting figures wrong and another when the candidate is clueless as to the criteria. I failed to answer questions which shows a lack of understanding therefore the lack of preparation that leads me to believe I sat the assessment too early in the course which is further supported by my mock examination.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To acidmods.
I jsut want to show you that I was meant to pursue a career in law. I look at the evidence and analyze to find a potential angle, my delivery shows an understanding of the human psychology by approaching it in a manner that should hopefully let the recipients consider my methods.
     Feel free to disagree but I have been set on a career in Law from a very young age, by memory I was 8 years old when i decided what I wanted to do. My hope is that my unorthodox style and delivery will lead to success
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 05:23:25 PM by IndyChav »

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Indy finds a loophole (again)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »
sorry to go way off topic, but it seems quiet ironic that you're trying to go into law, considering how much trouble you get in with the boys in blue...but if you play it kool and are really really respectful they should allow you.
It's been a long time

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: Indy finds a loophole (again)
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 02:38:34 AM »
thats why he will be the high paid lawyer for the corrupt businessman who is talking money from the pention fund lol.
but indy why not just play the i was very depressed card as when i was depressed and failed all my exams they let me resit most of them when i was feeling more stable a year later and i passed most of them apart from physics

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 04:26:07 AM »
I'm still fighting for this thing but just found out that it's pointless. The uni that i'm heart-set on going to is run on the english education system which means I have to do A-levels. Hopefully i'll receive induction in to the second year instantly as I would have technically completed the course by then. The scottish system allows you to do 5 highers in the space of a year which are similiar to the english systems A-levels. So basically I'm required to do an additional year at school. I hoped to take a year out. Travel, make money, gather myself etc but now it will jsut be bam bam bam =[... Ahwell i can't complain, If i get accepted then i'll be living in Nicosia Cyprus. A spot of mediteranean weather cant be bad for anyone :tup:

To Aricado,
Gotta hook up with you man well she man? it? tranny? cross dresser? you get the picture =P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal