Author Topic: Q and A i see a few times now and then  (Read 1313 times)

Offline helldemon

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Q and A i see a few times now and then
« on: February 29, 2008, 08:56:42 PM »
These are some Questons and answers i see commonly please read if you have same queston. More are coming soon!

(Q)HELP
1. I HAVE HAVE A COMPUTER THAT KEEPS SAYING "THE APPLICATION OR DLL C:\WINDOWS\system\d3d9.dll is not a valid Windows image."
HOW DO I FIX THIS I HAVE XP SP1

2. I HAVE A LAPTOP THAT WHEN I LOG ON ANY USER NO PROCESS AT ALL START UP NO DESKTOP, NO TASKBAR, NO ICONS ,ONLY THING THAT WORK IS TASK MANAGER.
I HAVE WINDOWS ME

(A)   On the first one try reinstalling directx9, but it could be malware becuase that dll should be stored under c:\windows\system32

On the second one, try going to the task manager and running explorer.exe. Then install Spybot search and destroy, Adaware, and AVGfree to get rid of any malware.  If explorer doesn't luanch reinstall the OS. Unless you have a tech savy friend.

(q) My usb ports on my mother board and on the external dongle on the front of my computer do not work they are not recognised by the computer or nothing they do have power to them but that is it.
how can i fix it i have to use one of my pci express slots to add usb ports but i realy like to have my DVR function back on my pc.
they do not work on vista, xp , linux or mac.

but the firewire ports and sound both work fine with no trouble. the only ports not working are the usb.
(Q) Hey all  i wanted to know if intel pentium 4 processor is good enough to use for a gaming desktop computer I am sorta ona low budget  help much appreciated

thanks

P.S can i buy this at intel.com ? 

(A) they most likely tried to draw to much power and shut down. try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them

(A) NO, get a dual core or possibly quad core, you can get an intel 1.8 core 2 duo and overclock it to 3.6 Ghz no problem. Best of all the processor I'm talking about is only $78.99
if you can afford a quad core by all means get that instead, but they're about 3 times the price

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal