Poll

In a fight between a super hippo and a super lama, who would win?

Lama all the way man!!!
hippo with its god like thighs!
too tough to call
this is hella off topic
the answer does not reside in who wins, but who forgives.....

Author Topic: psp camera  (Read 6260 times)

Offline dogrof

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
psp camera
« on: February 29, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »
 As many people may know about the chotto shot, I thought it would be an even better idea to actually take a camera phone and extract the camera from it and embed it into my psp (I also posted this on another site but I need alot of help!!). So if anybody of intelligence about this topic and the problems i could run into please share your knowledge!!! I highly appreciate any suggestions or words of wisdom! (oh...and has this been done before???)  :help:

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
Re: psp camera
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:13:36 PM »
i dont see y anyone would help you with this this is to way out there you can just save the time with chotto and simple make

PINOY AKO

Offline dogrof

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 10:20:28 PM »
Ya I must admit this is a little to the extreme, but then I woldnt have a big chotto on top of the psp. Someone on another forum said I should go here for help cause this site might have more people that could help me.

Anyways, well appreciated tho!!

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:20:59 PM »
true but there was a mod done by a guy  call REX he did an internal one, try searching it

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 12:55:09 AM »
true but there was a mod done by a guy  call REX he did an internal one, try searching it
but that was using the chotto, he wants to use a phone camera

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 03:24:11 AM »
you could easily wire any camera to the psp but you would need the chotto shot / go cam connector cables, the little ribbon bits to wire it up, i dont care what anyone says about software i know the psp can cope with any camera using the chotto ribbons as it is not the camera software but hardware that needs to be controlled, sony created the chotto shot and the functions for controlling it / cameras to boot, all cameras have the same connections, some have more some have less, because of auto focus and such, if wired correctly you could connect any camera from anything to the psp, although i reckon that i could do it, the method is some trial and error and some looking at the camera and the markings on the camera, most cameras are documented somewhere no matter what they are from

basically it would be hard to help you without actually being there
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 03:27:11 AM by FaT3oYCG »
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 03:28:49 AM »
you could easily wire any camera to the psp but you would need the chotto shot / go cam connector cables, the little ribbon bits to wire it up, i dont care what anyone says about software i know the psp can cope with any camera using the chotto ribbons as it is not the camera software but hardware that needs to be controlled, sony created the chotto shot and the functions for controlling it / cameras to boot, all cameras have the same connections, some have more some have less, because of auto focus and such, if wired correctly you could connect any camera from anything to the psp, although i reckon that i could do it, the method is some trial and error and some looking at the camera and the markings on the camera, most cameras are documented somewhere no matter what they are from

basically it would be hard to help you without actually being there
sounds pretty promising, i have a small camera that i took out of broken samsung D500 so i might try to play with it a bit, but it has at least 30 connectors :confused:

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 08:03:56 AM »
Cell phone cameras are horrible qulitiy compared with the psp camera, i would use the chotto shot if i was u.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 10:19:29 AM »
sounds pretty promising, i have a small camera that i took out of broken samsung D500 so i might try to play with it a bit, but it has at least 30 connectors :confused:

as i said it depends on the camera phone cameras have more connectors to make it quicker for the phone to access and use them, most probably there will be two or more connectors that one would be sufficient for

an example of these would be focusing the lens, on a phone it may have a zoom in and zoom out connector where the phone controls these separately but they could be controlled with one, by wiring them together, the psp has one connection for zoom in and out so you could just wire them together if you knew which ones were which

basically all you need to find to be able to test the other connections are the power connectors and the imagery relay connectors and then wire then to the chotto shot connectors, by tracing the chotto connectors im sure you can find which is which and wiring them up, then connect it to the psp and start the trial and error process

phone cameras are probably going to be harder to wire because of the nature in which phones are made
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 10:20:48 AM »
Cell phone cameras are horrible qulitiy compared with the psp camera, i would use the chotto shot if i was u.

phone cameras arent all bad quality it depends on the camera that you use if you used one from a sony erricson k800i then it would be 3.2 mp which is better than the psp's 1.3 mp
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 11:39:45 AM »
carnt u disasemble a go cam and mount it internally where the wifi board is  :dntknw:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 03:08:11 PM »
phone cameras arent all bad quality it depends on the camera that you use if you used one from a sony erricson k800i then it would be 3.2 mp which is better than the psp's 1.3 mp

who want s to ripe open there sony erricson k800i for just the camera

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 03:10:55 PM »
i bough samsung D500 with a cracked screen for 10 bucks and it had a 2MP camera

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 06:29:56 PM »

all i said was that all phones dont have crap cameras i didn't say that anyone would be insane enough to rip a k800i open
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline dogrof

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 12:04:58 AM »
Wow!!!! thanks for all the feedback you guys!!! I never thought people would respond with such good information! Alright i'll give it a go, right know i'm looking at a  d900 to rip apart for the lovely 3mp. I will keep everyone updated as I progress into this project, and if I do succed, I will make a detailed guide on how to do it!!! And  with pictures taken from my (if it turns out) 3mp psp camera!!!!!! But if anybody who reads this and might know somethin please post still! Because I havent even cracked open my psp yet soooo...ya...

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 05:11:50 AM »
NO IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!! Use the search button there are many topics on this, and they all have the same thing!
It will NOT work!!! The camera isn't made [software,AND hardware] for the psp and to be used through usb, and it need to be a usb client, IT WILL NOT WORK!!!

Do NOT risk breaking a good camera for this it's not going to work!

Your welcome :P

Offline dogrof

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 08:14:33 AM »
Omg...

So today I went on to see if anyone has been responding to my question. And as I have been doing for the last 4 days (since I joined) I went to search and typed in camera to find my post (is there another way?). For the last 4 days all that its been coming up with is just my post, nothing else. but this morning I did that, and at least three pages of posts came up with questions and feedback aout this topic thats already been discussed. So I'm sorry if I just re posted a question that's already been answered and discussed.
 Nevertheless I will still pursue the project if I can find a cheap camera phone somewhere (which I think I have found).
 Thanks kicks for reposting what you did basically two months ago on a different post to this one, I dont disrespect your feedback that it cant be done. Its just that I wanna try and do somethin different and get to now my psp a little better. And plus I think it would be fun.

So sorry to all, an thanks
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 08:17:03 AM by dogrof »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
No it's perfectly fine, I just wanted to get that in before you break something that has NO HOPE in working anyway.
:P

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »
No it's perfectly fine, I just wanted to get that in before you break something that has NO HOPE in working anyway.

lol good job at crushing his modding dreams teaching him how to use the search lol :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 09:09:36 PM »
ive taken a k800i apart b4 and i got lost there got more extra parts + there only like $80 in australia now..... u should use a nokia n5 5mp but kinda a waste lol of $800

Offline dogrof

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 02:46:59 PM »
Sigh, this is gonna take a while. I thought I had enogh money to buy the camera I was looking at ($10) but I forgot ssbb was coming out this weekend... so the prioraties got a little shifted with what money goes to. So hopefully in about another week or so i'll have enough money to buy the things I need.   

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 03:03:50 PM »
Sigh, this is gonna take a while. I thought I had enogh money to buy the camera I was looking at ($10) but I forgot ssbb was coming out this weekend... so the prioraties got a little shifted with what money goes to. So hopefully in about another week or so i'll have enough money to buy the things I need.   

nice to see you are carrying on

also make sure you get the go cam / chotto shot connector cables from inside the camera

as there are what will enable you to use any camera

basically what i am trying to say is that it goes like this, the camera connectors are like a dvd player, you can swap the dvd and it will still play / you can swap the camera and it will still work, but if you dont have the connectors it is like putting a dvd into a cd player and expecting it to work / wiring the camera directly, it wont work for obvious reasons, so make sure you get those connector cables / ribbons from inside the psp camera

thanks
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline psphacksntips

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSPHACKSNTIPS| From originality to insanity....
    • For PSP hacks n tips visit us @ PSPHACKSNTIPS
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »
should i do this mod because it looks like its worth it
======================
PSPHACKSNTIPS
| From originality to insanity|
======================

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 11:25:40 AM »
do you want to do this mod, do you think its worth it, do you think you could do it without a guide, would you actually do it, do you have enough money, could you get the right parts, is it worth it to you

if the answer to all of those is yes then your answer is yes
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline dogrof

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 09:23:19 PM »
Sweetness!!! alright... I just bought the choto shot yesterday, hopefully it should be here soon! Then im gonna see for myself how impossible it really is! I dont know the dimensions of it but I was thinking of putting it where the umd slot is, on the upper right hand corner, without actually sacrificing the umd functionality. It will stick out and I will probably have to trim the umb disc casing itself to make room for it. But these are all thoughts and untile it gets here those are my plans. Thanks everyone for your support!

(and ssbb is AMAZING!!!)
 :w00t:
 oh and I also purchased a 2 mp camera phone.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:25:43 PM by dogrof »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal