Author Topic: new kid on the block  (Read 4486 times)

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
new kid on the block
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:40:34 PM »
Hi, I been browsing your boards for a LONG time...but just recently got the ability to buy the tools I need to try some stuff out...I wanna start small though, as my brother owns a DSF and I own a DSL I made the mistake of buying 2 M3s with the DSL memory adaptor and figured I could mod the memory adapter to work in a DSF...I saw mention somewhere on the board here (for a lighting mod) a reference to a place where one can buy replacement empty cartridges but I can't find the post now...any tips would be appreciated as the mods on youtube are highly unsatisfactory and dangerous to the unit...thank you for your time...

Also, a link to the tutorial that teaches you how to light the dust cover would be AWESOME!

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: new kid on the block
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »
http://webpages.charter.net/braineatingalienkyle/DS/dslite.html
that's rocky's site it has some pictures on how to light the dust cover

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 02:22:50 PM »
Yeah that's the site exactly...why did I think I saw it here?? sorry bout that...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »
Hmmm... never heard of modding the memory RIGHT into the phat, but if it's true, then try to show some links, and I'll be on there, trying to do this mod :D, btw welcome to Acidmods, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask the staff on AM, or any of it's trusted members.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 03:55:14 PM »
lolz...no I didn't mean into the fatty...but rather into a cartridge that will actually fit into the fatty right...like taking "Sonic Advance 2" for GBA out of it's case and putting the RAM in that case...you know?? only if possible I'd rather not dismantle one of my GBA games...lolz an empty would be preferable..(also I was observing if I did put it into a GBA cart I'd hafta buffer it on the top to keep it from sliding around on the inside...you know??

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 04:41:03 PM »
Yeah that's the site exactly...why did I think I saw it here?? sorry bout that...
rocky is a member of this site so he probably posted it on here one day

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
OH that. It's a simple mod, just find the right position on the cart to place the ram in, and that's really it. I've tried it and it worked, but yeah, you need to sacrifce a GBA game :P. THAT, or you can actually mod the chip right into your system, but I think it will disable the use of the GBA cart if you do it.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »
So, noone like sells empty carts?? and I don't need anything to hold the ram in place?? I ask because looking at my dust cover vs. my wife's firered the circuit of the ram is gonna be like half as big as a game circuit...

Thanks much for your time.

PS: no I'm not redirecting ownership of firered as she has [fire,gold,ruby,firered,pearl] and I have [blue,yellow,silver,crystal,sapphire,emerald,leafgreen,diamond], yes we're BOTH freaks.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 11:18:46 PM »
try this site it tells you in detail with software

http://www.ziegler.desaign.de/readplus.htm

and i have all pokeon games as well lol
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 02:54:52 AM »
try this site it tells you in detail with software

http://www.ziegler.desaign.de/readplus.htm

and i have all pokeon games as well lol

Makes for an interesting read...But, I'm kinda lost as to what this site has to do with my questions...heh...????...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 10:21:09 AM »
XD... Edhel your art skills surpass even Phenomenal, but don't tell him I said that ;D. Anyway, I checked the site. But what he wants to do is simply stick his RAM cartridge in his phat ds with a slot that can fit the fatty. Only way to do that is by using a GBA cart. Someone was able to do it so that they can take it out of the GBA cart, like a temporary solution. But in anycase, you might as well just stick to what I told ya, and just grab some really crappy GBA game that ain't worth playing.

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 12:39:12 PM »
Well I guess I'm saying bye to Naruto then...lolz...I'm still slightly worried about it worming around inside the cart...

Oh hey, I just thought of something...the one I got for my brother has rumble-ram...is transplanting the circuit going to be complicated at all since there is a giro in there too??

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »
Well I remember a mod that allows you to make a rumble pak using one of nokia's motors, and sticking it into a dust cover, so it should be possible. Or else just use a GBA cart, and try to stick 2 in there for double the fun! XD. Alright that sounded too wrong. lol

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »
lolz...i did some thinking...and the way i think it probably works is that the rumble ram will be all in one peace...also having looked at firered more closely there are little notches on the side that should hold the m3 rumble+ram circuit in place...so as long as the agitator is affixed to the circuit all should be fine...and the rebuild should go off without a hitch...thank you all for the help...

Offline spinal

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 04:05:02 AM »
Why use those particular pin to connect the led's? I always use the two outer (longer) pins, they are pos/neg connections after all.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 05:10:40 AM »
that one just happens to work really well, not that yours doesn't, that one is just known really well, plus if your connecting leds to it from the inside then its more efficient because i think the outer pin is the main power supply for slot-2 cards, like the primary one. dont quote me on that though

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal