Author Topic: Need expertise on Led Buttons  (Read 2248 times)

Offline MrMonaco

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Need expertise on Led Buttons
« on: March 18, 2008, 07:23:42 AM »
Hey everyone !

This is my first post and I need your advice on the LED mod I am doing on my DS.
I have already   :victory: added the L and R triggger button mods and am now working on the Dpad and ABXY button Led's.

Question 1: See Diagram 1
The problem I have is I do not know how to connect the wires from the One led  Dpad button to the wires from the 4 led ABXY buttons. I am thinking as seen on the diagram soldering the pos to the pos and the neg to the neg. And then from there adding wire from the neg and the pos to the power supply of the board.

(And after all maybe my wiring is all wrong so any help on this would be greatly apreciated !  :#1:)

Question 2: See diagram 2
Can you please show me in detail where I should solder the Neg/Pos wires on the board ? Which hole is the pos and the neg ?

I would be more than thankfull to everyone helping me out in succeeding doing this cool mod.
A mod that gets all the credits to ACIDMODS ofcourse !!!!

Merci beaucoup encore !!!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:25:23 AM by MrMonaco »

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Need expertise on Led Buttons
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 03:20:25 PM »
Hmm, oh btw, welcome to Acimods! XD
Anyway, I think it's possible, as long as you use the gameboy advance cartridge part of the motherboard to power the LEDS up. That's the only place I know of that will really light them all up right. Then you have to see if you are using different colored LEDs, because red and blue don't go well apparently (I'm guessing for their difference in use of voltage). If you are using like one color for all of the LEDs, then just connect them to the pins 2 (from the right) and 3 (from the left) in the GBA cartridge. If it doesn't work, then switch the wires on the pins. If that doesn't work, then the wiring is wrong, but to me it looks Ok. I think the negative goes to pin2 and the positive goes to pin3, I'm not too sure as I haven't tried moding my cart or cartridge in a while.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 04:32:26 PM »
when wiring led's etc together, it goes + to - not + to + etc.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 07:15:44 PM »
when wiring led's etc together, it goes + to - not + to + etc.

That would be in  a sequence, soldering the + and + together would work as he has in the picture that way it would be a parallel.  + to - would work too but the second one would be not as bright because the power from the first is taking most of it.  As in a parallel the power is going to be the same for all leds

Offline MrMonaco

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 12:44:04 AM »
Hello,

Thank you all for your valuable input !

I do understand about the gba cartridge that can be used to power leds. But does that mean that for the 5 led button mod I have to bring the wire down to the GBA motherboard ?

I thought that (diagram 2) the right hand sized part of motherboard could be used to power them up;.If it is indeed possible please show me where.

Thanks in advance

Phil. :tup:

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:39:04 PM »
It can but it won't giev as much power, resulting in seriously dim lights. Your better off using this point as many people don't reallly use the GBA, and if you're one of them, then it's perfect. I haven't seen it affect my gaming with the GBA either.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 11:10:52 AM »
If you want to use that power just attach it to the red and blue on this picture

Offline MrMonaco

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 11:51:01 AM »
Ok, wil try that Rocky thx a lot.
And Seikne,gonna try your advice also on my other DS using the GBA board.

A zillion thank again.

Will let you know once done.

Grazie mille !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal