Author Topic: PSP Rear Speaker Question?  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Mythtron

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • .::Mythtron::.
PSP Rear Speaker Question?
« on: March 04, 2008, 04:36:15 PM »
Hi,

So if you've read my previous post ( https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=16151.0 ), you'll be glad to know that I've finally found the perfect speaker for my rear speaker mod :tup:.I fits incredibly well, as if it were made for this purpose (not likely since I pulled it from a pair of "iWave" Noise Canceling headphones :laughing:)

[INSERT IMAGE A]

:help: The problem, though, is that after I connect it with a normal 3.5mm jack (using the twist method  :yess:) it does not produce any sound. I have no idea as to what could be causing this, and yes, I've tried different jacks....and I'm pretty sure the speaker is fine, since I was using it just a while ago before pulling it. The one thing I did notice, is that the speaker's 2 wires (+/-) have some sort of thread winding through them...What could that possibly be for??  :dntknw: and do I have to solder the wires to properly connect them?

[INSERT IMAGE B]

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if you're not too sure yourself, it will help.

Thanks,
Mythtron
PS: I will upload the images A/B as soon as possible.

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP Rear Speaker Question?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:28:23 PM »
You do not put it in the headphone jack. You wire it in parallel to the regular speaker. Connect the + of the big speaker to the gray wire of little speaker. Connect the - of the big speaker to the black wire of the little speaker.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: PSP Rear Speaker Question?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:01:03 PM »
chances are it wont work thro the hedfone jack, if u wana make it work you will need to constuct a amp. If you wana wire it internally, solder it in paralell to the speakers and i recomend adding a LM386 :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal