Author Topic: !!!AHH!! WHAT DID I DO!?!? I**solved**  (Read 5108 times)

Offline vgamer360

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (+[___]%)
!!!AHH!! WHAT DID I DO!?!? I**solved**
« on: March 09, 2008, 08:32:21 AM »

I was putting my lcd back on my psp after making repairs to my umd drive and i got a  :censored: shock from the lcd brightness ribbon area (circled in red), the ribbon was in when it happened. 

I know i screwed up something, my lcd backlight won't work, what i want to know is what do i need to replace?!  I HATE STATIC ELEC!

***Problem solved.***

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:03:42 AM by vgamer360 »

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: !!!AHH!! WHAT DID I DO!?!? I can't believe im saying this, HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 08:36:17 AM »
bridge the backlight fuse

Offline vgamer360

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (+[___]%)

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 09:02:59 AM »
how?
place a blop of solder over it like this

Offline vgamer360

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (+[___]%)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 02:05:23 PM »
allright, problem solved BUT in the process my powerboad lights (green power, orange charger, and triggers) do not work, my direction pad is screwed up, whenever i press down, it moves to the right.  I hate today.   :angry:  Any advice how to fix my d-pad?

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »
allright, problem solved BUT in the process my powerboad lights (green power, orange charger, and triggers) do not work, my direction pad is screwed up, whenever i press down, it moves to the right.  I hate today.   :angry:  Any advice how to fix my d-pad?

this happened to me recently and i was freaked out i was like WTF?!....then what i done was just make sure the ribbon for the d-pad was fully inserted and the clip was closed, tighten the screw for the d-pad, and changed the directional buttons for my faceplate, and made the screw near the L trigger was fully tight (the one for the faceplate) and now works like a charm

Offline vgamer360

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (+[___]%)
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
Ok, thanks.  But i still don't know what is wrong with my pbc lights.  I recently swapped out the power boards with a diferent one, no luck.  I'm stuck here, what's wrong with it?

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 03:32:30 PM »
Ok, thanks.  But i still don't know what is wrong with my pbc lights.  I recently swapped out the power boards with a diferent one, no luck.  I'm stuck here, what's wrong with it?
you must have shorted the ribbon cable connecting the powerboard with motherboard, happened to me 2 times already and changing the powerboard didnt solve the problem, i had to change the ribbon cable

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »
are you saying your power led or charge led doesnt come on? if so solder a wire from the positive point of the powerboard to the 5v point on the mobo

Offline vgamer360

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (+[___]%)
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 03:35:54 PM »
are you saying your power led or charge led doesnt come on? if so solder a wire from the positive point of the powerboard to the 5v point on the mobo
In all honesty, i don't know how to do that and wouldn't that make my situation worse than it is?  Is there some simple wire i am missing?  I really hate soldering, im not good at it.  And yes, i'm saying no lights from my pbc go on at all.  Can you tell me WHY it is doing this though?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 03:48:11 PM by vgamer360 »

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »
In all honesty, i don't know how to do that and wouldn't that make my situation worse than it is?  Is there some simple wire i am missing?  I really hate soldering, im not good at it.  And yes, i'm saying no lights from my pbc go on at all.  Can you tell me WHY it is doing this though?
man did u read my post at all :sadno: or my post count is to low for you to believe me? i had two psps with the same problem and only replacing the ribbon cable solved the problem

Offline vgamer360

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (+[___]%)
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »
man did u read my post at all :sadno: or my post count is to low for you to believe me? i had two psps with the same problem and only replacing the ribbon cable solved the problem
I don't care about my post count, sorry i didn't see you rpost, i'm not lying, i skipped right over it while scrolling.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: !!!AHH!! WHAT DID I DO!?!? I**solved**
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 10:34:51 PM »
another problem loyaly solved by Acidmods, tho i swear this has be asked several times before
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline pspklant

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 01:57:04 AM »
I have got the same problem... I also did the backlight fuse and my powerLED en chargeLED doesn't power on. Also my LED's in my psp doesn't work.

Do I only have to change the cable from my mobo to my powerboard?

Thanks in advance!

Offline vgamer360

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (+[___]%)
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 03:06:47 AM »
I have got the same problem... I also did the backlight fuse and my powerLED en chargeLED doesn't power on. Also my LED's in my psp doesn't work.

Do I only have to change the cable from my mobo to my powerboard?

Thanks in advance!
I hope that is the only thing wrong with it.  By the sounds of it, I think you are going through the same thing I did so yes, get a ribbon cable to connect the mobo to the pcb.  Oh, if you're looking for it, i think it's called the R-Key ribbon cable online.

Offline pspklant

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 03:49:44 AM »
Ok I will explain my story.

First I dropped my psp and the wifi-switch was broken so I bought a new motherboard. But then started the problems. I installed the mobo and I found out that my backlight wasn't work so I soldered the resistor.

But after that my LED's won't work well, one time they turn on, the other time they turn off and my powerboard LED doesn't turn on.. ... Sometimes I hear the sound of my psp that starts, sometimes I don't...

That's what I did with my psp...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal