Author Topic: Can anyone help QUICKLY!!!!!!!  (Read 1798 times)

Offline jowe

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Can anyone help QUICKLY!!!!!!!
« on: March 09, 2008, 07:29:41 PM »
hey im not new here but i lost my old e-mail.... but on my psp (which i never opened) the up and left dpad keys go wild every now and then and it srews up whatever im doing does anyone have an idea what is wroung and how i can fix it?????

Offline linkinparklp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [L I N K I N P A R K]
Re: Can anyone help QUICKLY!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »
What I would try is taking it apart, cleaning the rubber contacts with some rubbing alcohol on a q tip. Clean the contacts on the pcb and the rubber ones, then refit everything and put it back together.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »
What I would try is taking it apart, cleaning the rubber contacts with some rubbing alcohol on a q tip. Clean the contacts on the pcb and the rubber ones, then refit everything and put it back together.

but there is always the chance, if he has never opened one before, that he will screw it up even more :cry2:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 11:58:15 PM »
but there is always the chance, if he has never opened one before, that he will screw it up even more :cry2:
well if he looks at kens tut with ive refered to alot to today:P umm it should be easy coz its just removing the faceplate but i do remmmend to go to your local radioshack and buying a screwdriver that has a perfect fit and its good qauilltity b4 opening it or you will repaet WILL baerd (strip or anything u call it) you screws + ghost death ur owning the psp section with all ur posts

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 12:04:18 AM »
well if he looks at kens tut with ive refered to alot to today:P umm it should be easy coz its just removing the faceplate but i do remmmend to go to your local radioshack and buying a screwdriver that has a perfect fit and its good qauilltity b4 opening it or you will repaet WILL baerd (strip or anything u call it) you screws + ghost death ur owning the psp section with all ur posts

yer but have u seen how many people come through acidmods with a analog problem from taking off there faceplates lol :cry2:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 12:06:57 AM »
yer but have u seen how many people come through acidmods with a analog problem from taking off there faceplates lol :cry2:
true but have someone posted a tut on how to wire the analog to there psp motherboard so they neva have that problem

*Off topic sorry

Offline jr-val-mtz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »
have u made sure that the ribbon from the d pad is on nice and tight???........

Offline jowe

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »
actually it was opened once before when it had the warrenty and i sent it into sony to be fixed ( i bricked it) but i have done nothing to it but put on music movies demos and portals (stuck on ofw3.90)

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 10:38:51 AM »

When you us that rubbing alcohol make sure it dont touch the board or it will ruin,.. cuz i work with computer chips and that and rubbing alcohol ruins,..

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal