Author Topic: The Good Times...  (Read 1424 times)

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

The Good Times...
« on: March 14, 2008, 05:05:42 AM »
Although I wassn't a member durinng these good times, looking back they seemed the best... I took a trip to posts from over a year ago in different baords and they are touching. Everyones so nice and friendly and they all love each other =] back when 100,000 hits were a lot and cyberpyrot was buying werid things like robtic monkey heads with plans to put a flamethrouwer in its mouth, arguing over which gas to use :cry2:

It's just nice to know im part of an amazing community through the good and the bad :cry2:

Discuss.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
Re: The Good Times...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 05:10:08 AM »
i stumbled upon thise website ages ago but i didnt pay ettention to it then i found it agen and signed up =D (dound this website like a little bit b4 foo foo's ps2 controller to psp mod)

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 05:12:35 AM »
Number of things dragged me here, doc oc, razor, Neubits steering wheel on psp (did that ever get finished?) and the pretty pretty LEDS XD

come for the mods stay for the members =P

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 05:53:22 AM »
i dunno really how i got into modding i just suddnelly had this habbit of modding it was with a friend and i was going to sell him my psp and i hgad no slue on how to mod a psp bak then and it had a broken umd door s o we rang up sony see if we get it repaired they sed $250 just for new cover !! so we decided to did our selfs and i saw clear case so i looked for tuts and found am and lodved it since

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:56:44 AM »
good old times....

cyber: ruled
reaper: messed with everyone on a nice way
fufa: had the pie
deda: made everyone pissed and let everyone laugh...lol
ilz: made the mods
foo: had a bread

lol

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 06:32:29 AM »
f00 didn't have a beard back then D: (at least i think thats what you meant)

ive been here longer then most think, but i was a guest for a large part of my time here  :dntknw: cant remember exactly why i joined, i think i just felt i owed it to the site. i got to see these good times, but wasn't really a part of them

OHHHH i remember i joined for the lawlrus, id just completed my psp with undiluted platinum, red triggers and chrome fp by xcm and saw lawlrus's tilt mod, and thought...thats it...im in
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 06:35:50 AM by TimmyDX »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 07:30:14 AM »
i origionally joined cos i wanted modders for hire and whilst i was waiting for f00 to reply i decided to go look around the rest of the site and then got deeper and deeper until i couldnt get out and now im stuck here and invested in its future. i had pooped on it once or twice before following links from qj but never signed up for some reason.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 07:40:34 AM »
we've discussed the reasons for the slow and if you still think there is a problem or that AM will not return to its former glory, i call you a FOOL!!

keep moding!

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 07:36:24 PM »
may as well continue the discussioon, i think a huge problem is consumers who only want to see BIG MODS THAT DO HEAPS OF STUFFS!! Dont get me wrong a consumer component is essential to the survival of a community but emmerging modders release mods ever week but they get little encouragment because people think, well thats not new so who gives half a rats *** , and thats even if they get posts because people purely seem to come here for psp stuff. Evidence? The psp section has more posts AND topics then any other section including the general category D:

Mods are the lifeblood of this community, you see a new mod, fantastic, if you see people repeating mods then thats still good, encourage this because the more they repeat them, the more they inquire, how can i take this the extra mile... once you start thinking like that, you can start to develop more evolved mods and eventually end up with an R&D position which makes you want to go even further with your modding and become an active member of the community

Dont get me wrong im not saying im innocent, i dont encourage new modders anywhere near as much as some others do, such as robin and sim, but too those that do, i tip my hat to you.

ccccpie

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 10:40:54 AM »
I came here with the intention of leeching tuts. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal