Author Topic: kinda confused  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
kinda confused
« on: March 15, 2008, 05:25:16 PM »
So if anyone remembers i broke off my backlight connector a while ago. Well i finally got some flux and decided to fix it. So i manage to solder it on with my huge tip and some flux. (It looks flawless on one side.) Then i plug everythiing in turn it on hope for the best and know what i get.... nothing. I only soldered the outer two pins since i thought that was all that was needed like many forums have said who have been succesful. and i know the screen works cause when i put a bright light on it it worked. This whole situation has led me to think maybe i should go forward with my idea of led backlighting it would only have one brightness level but Im guessing it would be enough plus it wouldnt take nearly as much battery life.

p.s. to top it all off i broke the black tab when trying to insert the thing could that be the problem it still has one side down i guess its worth a try trying right now.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:28:13 PM by Canadajames »

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Re: kinda confused
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 05:36:50 PM »
led backlighting would suck so bad,the psp backlight is designed to diffuse the light around the psp screen,pop ur led's in there and its only going to light up the outer bits of the screen and not the middle :(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:49:45 PM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 07:05:39 PM »
you never know but back on the point anyone have insight on the pin problem could i have blown the fuse?

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 08:42:38 PM »
doesn't the whole lcd black light run off like 6 leds. i took mines apart and thats what i saw at the bottom

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 09:09:26 PM »
i dont think those are the leds hes talking about, there special leds used to make a certain amount of light and there alot longer i think?

but i gree with ryan, normal leds arent made to make the amount of light you need for it, youd need them, throughout the screen, and even then youd still have dark spots inbetween them
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:10:58 PM by 1Sniper »

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 06:44:03 AM »
k thats done with then please someone insight on the pin problem i dont undestand why it doesnt work.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »
try putting like a cotton ball ontop of the ribon cable and snap in ur lcd to keep the cable pushed down because your black tab is broken tapeing it down dosent really work this is better.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 04:33:54 AM »
try putting like a cotton ball ontop of the ribon cable and snap in ur lcd to keep the cable pushed down because your black tab is broken tapeing it down dosent really work this is better.
to me this is not a good idea coz contton balls arnt a solid thing and they got hair all arounf them witch is annoying coz it will leave exess hair everywhere and can get into to cable connectors forcing you to clean it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal