Author Topic: PSP GPS  (Read 1624 times)

Offline oxymoron29

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP GPS
« on: March 15, 2008, 07:48:39 PM »
Hello!

This isn't really a mod question, more of a compatibility question.  I was wondering if the following GPS : http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=MS0311  would hook up and work with my PSP IF I bought a USB to PSP style connector adaptor?  I'm really unsure how the real PSP GPS from Sony works...like how it is recognized and such.  If someone could tell me if this would work with the PSP that'd be fabulous because it's on special and REALLY cheap as you can see.  Thanks!!! :hifive:

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
Re: PSP GPS
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:53:49 PM »
Hello!

This isn't really a mod question, more of a compatibility question.  I was wondering if the following GPS :http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=MS0311  would hook up and work with my PSP IF I bought a USB to PSP style connector adaptor?  I'm really unsure how the real PSP GPS from Sony works...like how it is recognized and such.  If someone could tell me if this would work with the PSP that'd be fabulous because it's on special and REALLY cheap as you can see.  Thanks!!! :hifive:
http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=MS0311
Remember to hyperlink your links next time ^^
but anyway that might work but you're gonna need a software thats compatible with the psp in order for it to work.

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline oxymoron29

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »
Sorry about that, bud. :cool:
And thanks for the response.  I realise that I'd have to put MapThis or an equivalent on my Mem Card, I'm really just interested in the unit itself.  Is there any way to tell if it's compatible for sure?  Do you know if there is anything special within the Sony GPS that makes it compatible to the PSP and only the PSP?(ie cannot be used on another system?)  Like how the transmitter is recognized by the PSP?  Info on the internet regarding the GPS seems to be pretty scarce.  :cry2:

Thanks a lot.

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 05:45:16 AM »
there is a gps made by sony for psp

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline oxymoron29

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 11:36:43 AM »
there is a gps made by sony for psp

...Yeah...I know... :eyebrow:...If you read my posts you'd see I'm trying to use this other transmitter instead of the available Sony one and wondering what the differences would be and if it would be compatible or not.  I don't want to spend $70 off Ebay for a Sony GPS and this would be a much better, cheaper option if it works.

So..can someone answer this : Is the Sony GPS transmitter solely a transmitter?  If I'm using the MapThis software for example, does the transmitter play a role otherwise to the PSP than picking up satellite signals?  If it only picks up signals and the MapThis software does the rest, I have my answer.

Thanks a lot if anyone can answer!!!!!!

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 12:28:48 PM »
i would imagine only the PSP one will work, as its hardware AND software support.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal