Author Topic: Questions about grounds (and some other stuff)  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Questions about grounds (and some other stuff)
« on: March 19, 2008, 07:08:19 PM »
Im back with a few more questions about an external controller mod. The biggest question i have is how grounds would apply to such a mod. Looking at the wiring for the old a2d analog stick, one of the wires i saw was soldered directly onto the power board (not to a lead) to act as a ground. I know a ground is something that prevents a circuit from finding a shorter path and frying itself. My question is; how am i supposed to wire the ground up in the context of an ext. controller? Please enlighten me!

Also, there are 5 pins on a mini usb. This means ill need three sockets (if im not implementing the analog stick)- one for the d-pad (up, left, right, down, and ground) one for the shape buttons (/\ [ ] O X and ground) and one for the shoulders (Right Left and Ground). How did foo do his ps2 controler with four? the second analog would've taken the pins of the fourth port, leaving only the two pins left over (from the L and R shoulder socket). Does the normal nub only take up one line, and a ground?

Finally (last question, I promise :rofl:) f00 used the mobo pins for the directional buttons- how did he get the clip  to overlap the wires he soldered to the pins, and have the directional buttons on the PSP itself to still work?

I have already put so much time into researching how to get this to work, so i don't think there is any going back. ANY help is appreciated! Thanks, you guys are awesome  :victory:!
Shut up, I know I am a pessimist.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal