Author Topic: I Have A Computer Problem!  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Anthony523

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
I Have A Computer Problem!
« on: March 27, 2008, 04:47:25 PM »
I Know A Lot Of You Guys And Girls Focus Around Consoles But I Am Hoping For A Computer Guy Here.

So Here It Goes.

And Mods If This Is In The Wrong Place. Please Move It To The Correct Area Thanks!

Well. When I Go On ANY Browser That I Have The Ads On The Sides And Stuff Are Blocked Out And It Says "Unable To Connect" I've Troubleshooted Just About Everything
I've Asked A Few Experts.. Still Nothing. So Got Any Advice?

Anything That I Can Test Would Be Great!

EDIT: Some Important Things Are Also Blocked Out So Thats Why I Need Help Removing This Problem..

Also Thank You For Moving This To The Correct Place.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 04:55:49 PM by Anthony523 »

My PSN ID Is Anthony523

Add Me  I Have COD4

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
Re: I Have A Computer Problem!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:30:08 PM »
Not really sure what your problem is, the wording is weird...

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 07:58:22 PM »
firstly, its confusing to understand what you are trying to say because i cant read that too well...just type, like, normal-ish, no capitols every letter (also if jrf sees that he might ban because he hates that...he's done it before)

secondly, from what i can gather, this is about ads on the sides...do you really wanna see them? they're just ad's
nothing life critical and all, its the content of the web page, what you're looking for that matters right..not ads

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:06:35 PM »
firstly, its confusing to understand what you are trying to say because i cant read that too well...just type, like, normal-ish, no capitols every letter (also if jrf sees that he might ban because he hates that...he's done it before)

secondly, from what i can gather, this is about ads on the sides...do you really wanna see them? they're just ad's
nothing life critical and all, its the content of the web page, what you're looking for that matters right..not ads

I think this is the kid who said he can' help but capitalize every first letter. Well anthony do you use any type of add blocker or ip blocker like peerguardian.

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 12:26:42 AM »
man are you using firefox or internet explorer safari opera. because you can make all the pics go away with firfox in your settings. is java installed working to,play the animated ads. need more info on what you are running to no what needs to be done. do you cought pirate and use tor ,I2P, or peergaurdian so forth? what security program are you using?

Offline Anthony523

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 04:28:08 PM »
i am running on firefox. but if i use msn or something it still does the same problem

i don't have any security programs because everyone knows if something is spam or not so we keep the settings pretty open.

now that i gave you some info any more help?

My PSN ID Is Anthony523

Add Me  I Have COD4

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 10:22:55 PM »
Well if you have fire fox thier is a setting in options/content. their is enable pics java and so forth make sure they are enabled then if it still doesn't work on the page that doesn't show ads right click over the pic's and select
unblock images from www.(web page).com
if it says
Block images from www.(web page).com
then you have a plug in for the firefox that is blocking it.
there is
popup blocker
PWS (ProWebSurfer)
ABP (AdBlock Pluss)
CustomizeGoogle
 Flashblock
 FoxFilter
+ more

do you have java flashplayer and all you plug in updated and installed. this can also be a problem.

if none work or apply to you then i don't know what is wrong with you computer.

i don't know how old you are but if you are younger ma by your parents are smarter then you think and have a parent blocker running in the background.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal