Author Topic: Another joystick problem  (Read 1307 times)

Offline frleal

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Another joystick problem
« on: March 22, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »
Hi guys,
This is a great forum with tons of great info.  I have been having problems with my PSP joystick similar to some of the others I have read about here.  I mostly play SOCOM ftb2, and when I play there's alot of drift, and it has gotten to the point where the joystick doesn't really react at all, and does pretty much what it wants to.

I just replaced the joystick for the third time, and within 2 days it began having the same problem.  This led me to your site, as I was thinking that maybe  the PS2 analog mod might be a better solution than simply changing the joystick endlessly. 

I now think the problem is not the joystick, but the silicon contact where the joystick conects to the mb.  I was going to change these contacts , but I'm not sure how to do that exactly.  I searched google, which led me here, then I did a simple search here, but I couldn't find an answer to my question.  Maybe I didn't cross reference the right words tho.

I bought the PSP in late 2005, and have taken really good care of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Syugo

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Another joystick problem
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:50:11 PM »
I'd say solder it on.
not suitable for family site

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:38:56 PM »
well if nothing works try buying that rubber piece that goes between the psp motherboard and psp analog try that if not then,.. solder it,..

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline frleal

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »
Hey thanks for the replies.  I was thinking about just changing the rubber piece out, but I wasn't sure how to go about that exactly.  I know how to change the joystick, but I'm clueless on how to change the rubber piece. 

The solder suggestion has peaked my interest tho.  Would the joystick be soldered to the motherboard directly bypassing the rubber piece?

Sorry for the noob question, and thanks for the help.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 02:18:08 AM »
Hey thanks for the replies.  I was thinking about just changing the rubber piece out, but I wasn't sure how to go about that exactly.  I know how to change the joystick, but I'm clueless on how to change the rubber piece. 

The solder suggestion has peaked my interest tho.  Would the joystick be soldered to the motherboard directly bypassing the rubber piece?

Sorry for the noob question, and thanks for the help.

yes you would solder the joystick directly with 30awg i think
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline linkinparklp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [L I N K I N P A R K]
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 02:38:06 AM »
My joystick moves to the right, as it seems like it doesn't completely return to center. A really small touch will stop it from moving...would soldering it on fix that?

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 10:12:53 PM »
My joystick moves to the right, as it seems like it doesn't completely return to center. A really small touch will stop it from moving...would soldering it on fix that?

yeah it should deff...but if it stays to the right and doesnt return then that metal peace in the inside isnt doing well the only way u can find out is by opening it if u want to take that risk if u can do it with messing it up,..

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline frleal

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 11:44:48 PM »
After posting this I found several posts about the same problem.  So, I'm thinking about soldering a PS2 analog directly to the mb.  I'm a complete noob, so I've been watching the soldering tuts, trying to get an idea of what all is involved.  Since the contacts that I will be soldering to will be in plain sight, would it be recommended to remove the mb completely, or can I leave it in?  I didn't find a tutorial on soldering directly to the mb, does anyone know if one exists? 

Thanks again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal