Author Topic: Convert power socket to usb?  (Read 1370 times)

Offline kanvas

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Convert power socket to usb?
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:53:29 AM »
Hi all I'm pretty new here and first off I am very impressed with the work done on this site, most of which would I have thought was impossible a few weeks back. I was thinking of doing the razor dual nub mod, but I want to keep the charging mechanism (just seems kinda waste since the structure is there). Is it possible to convert the socket to a mini usb socket so that jrfhoutx's adapter charge mod can be used at the bottom of the psp?

I think I have the basic idea but is hoping someone may have a better understanding. I'm pretty new at this and have not opened up my psp as yet (waiting for my faceplate to arrive) and the pics I have seen do not show the socket structure after it has been removed.

Thanks.

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: Convert power socket to usb?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:31:34 AM »
it is even possible to use the current USB connector that is in the PSP

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13468.0

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »
you wudnt b asking this if you had a basic knowledge of electronics,seriously dude think about it
Derp.

Offline kanvas

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »
Like I mentioned I am new at this, and so yes I am a noob. Plus you hit the nail right on the head as I did not have any formal electrical training, but I am willing to learn, which I thought was the whole point of this forum.

So, can anyone help?

p.s. thanks DoubleDutch I have seen the tutorial by robin1989 but I was just wondering whether this can be done.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 10:24:11 PM »
Like I mentioned I am new at this, and so yes I am a noob. Plus you hit the nail right on the head as I did not have any formal electrical training, but I am willing to learn, which I thought was the whole point of this forum.

So, can anyone help?

p.s. thanks DoubleDutch I have seen the tutorial by robin1989 but I was just wondering whether this can be done.

yes everyone has to start somewhere but i dont think this would be posible as it will not leave enough space for the dual nub :dntknw: .
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline kanvas

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 01:15:37 AM »
Sigh I was afraid of that. Ah well guess I'll have to do the standard usb charge mod. Either tat or I'll just charge externally. Will think about this. Will go find more information, install the dual nub first, and assess the situation. Thanks.

Cyberpyrot's Razor X is ready! Woohoo can't wait to order it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal