Author Topic: iPod Speaker Mod  (Read 2554 times)

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
iPod Speaker Mod
« on: March 25, 2008, 12:42:54 PM »
Hmm i remember pspkicks saying something about wiring the speaker inside the ipod thats already there so it can play music w/o headphones?

Is this possible?

I want to put a speaker inside my ipod, or use the existing speaker to play music

Oh on iPod Touch
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: iPod Speaker Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 01:16:42 PM »
1)I never said anything about wiring it to play music. I said it CAN'T.
2)If you desolder the leads from the existing speaker and wire the + and - to the headphone jack, you've got an internal speaker. Get a small switch or it will ALWAYS play through the speaker even with headphones in.

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 02:30:29 PM »
:|

Hmm where would you suggest i put the switch
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 03:30:01 PM »
Wherever you want?

Code a program and wire it to an existing button maybe?

Many possibilities.

Offline Mxr708

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 02:01:23 PM »
Sounds cool!  I wonder what the sound quality would be like though because all it is used for is just an alarm. correct? Abouth the swithch i would try to find a small black button like switch and put it on the bottom on the side oposite of the headphone jack.  It would'nt be very noticable.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/VolcomSkater708scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">VolcomSkater708</iframe>

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 09:25:37 AM »
Sounds cool!  I wonder what the sound quality would be like though because all it is used for is just an alarm. correct? Abouth the swithch i would try to find a small black button like switch and put it on the bottom on the side oposite of the headphone jack.  It would'nt be very noticable.

hes talking about putting a whole new bigger normal speaker in there, not using the alarm, sound speaker, if he did use that one, it would be quiet as hell but might have good quality seeing as it wouldnt be ableto get loud w/o blowing the speaker,

@foosh- like what pspkicks said, if yyou hook it to where the headphone jack is then it will work, but you also will need the switch (i pretty much repated what kicks just said but w/e)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal