Author Topic: HDD Issue  (Read 1888 times)

Offline doug1O4231

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
HDD Issue
« on: March 30, 2008, 03:50:09 AM »
Hey guys my xboxs hd is now making a clicking sound and well ive done alot of research on it and from what i read its a logical/phys formatting error usually caused by shock. and i was wondering if anyone knew if i could use scandisk to fix the problem Thanks :hifive: 

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: HDD Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »
unless you have windows installed or linux theres no way to scan for errors from what i know.

i had this problem few days later the hdd never worked i try in the pc still nothing like there was no power going into the hdd you hdd mite be on its way out

p.s: the hdd f*cked up my xbox cos i left it to late to change it dont ask me how it messed up the xbox cos i dont know
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline doug1O4231

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 02:09:44 PM »
ok so i should ditch the hd(i think) but my xbox is unmodded and dont i need the eeprom data off of it... anyways im about to break and buy a
chip and use my 2nd hard drive for it the hard drive is compatible so it should work right?

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 02:30:55 PM »
when you have modded your xbox m*dc*ips are not aloud here you can upgrade to a bigger hdd and install any software thing you want i use slayer dont ask me why i just think its easyer for me when you are going to get you chip see what hdd size it surports first
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »
just recently got a 500 gig hdd. u gotta make sure u have the right BIOS. i recommend IND bios. also the .06 so u can make one giant F partition instead of messing with the 7th one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal