Author Topic: home bar button glitch  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
home bar button glitch
« on: March 30, 2008, 07:22:48 AM »
i have taken my psp apart twice, and both times i have had this glitch. Whenever i hit the vol. - button it also hits the HOME button. This isn't that big a deal, but i would still like my buttons to be working 'properly'. Has anybody else had this problem?

ps- i should be starting a 'doc ock' sort of mod this week, once i get a silver dualshock. Wish me LUCK, ill need it!
Shut up, I know I am a pessimist.

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: home bar button glitch
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 09:57:43 AM »
*deleted
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 09:02:00 PM by Blizzrad »

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »
Check the connections with the three ZIF connectors between the button bar and the motherboard. Home and Vol- are right next to each other on both ribbon cables, so most likely one of the cables is a little askew in the connector and this is causing one pin to overlap both Home and Vol-.

The pinout diagram I posted in the other thread had an error, the Vol+ and Vol- minus were reversed.:wacko:  I realized this yesterday when I finally got around to wiring them to my controller, point being that Vol- is actually right next to Home, which is probably where your problem is coming from.

Here is the corrected image.

Good luck with your "doc ock" mod, are you planning to use the same 4x mini usb and suction cup design? 

thanks, i didn't know that home and vol.- were next to each other on the pin (i thought the metal might be slightly bent askew) ill check that out later today if i have time... it just worries me that it has happened twice.

I plan on using mini usb, and will do the suction cup if i get everything wired up, but im just thinking one thing at a time right now. Do you have any tips on how to solder the d-pad pins, theyre sooo tiny :nono:
Shut up, I know I am a pessimist.

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 08:29:13 PM »
*deleted
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 09:02:27 PM by Blizzrad »

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »
dude you got some great skills

and that are usefull pictures you got there!
i might need them,.. thanks !!

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal