Author Topic: DS Phat hinges...  (Read 1901 times)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
DS Phat hinges...
« on: April 05, 2008, 05:06:46 AM »
How do you take the moving hinges that are in the DS shell and put them in another shell? I'm swappings cases for someone and they just DON'T GO IN!

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: DS Phat hinges...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:40:29 AM »
If you mean the deattachable ones. Just move all of the cables inside the hole, and try to push it in, I had some trouble, and had worse trouble with the  long screw, but using a magnetic screwdriver fixes that.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline eovnu87435ds@mac.com

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:17:47 AM »
yeah, those are a big pain... It just takes alotta force and a bit of bravery. If you still cant, why not make the holes a little bit bigger with a dremel or other tool?
EDIT: today i had a problem gettin mine back in too. i found out that if you have 2 pairs of pliers, you can manually twist the hinge. Moving it back and forth might make it line up better. Dont worry about twisting it off or overtwisting it, as far as i can tell, you can spin it an infinite amount of times in any direction.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:34:22 AM by eovnu87435ds@mac.com »
Give a man fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »
DS phat do take a little bit of force but not too much.  You need to make sure your hinge is in the right position.  Try doing it while the hinge is open and closed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal