Author Topic: AcidMods SpitFire 360 Controller Tutorial  (Read 227007 times)

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
Re: AcidMods SpitFire 360 Controller Tutorial
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2008, 09:05:08 AM »
Here Picture of xbox 360 AcidMods SpitFire Mod with both Rumble it was a close fit but it can be done

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:14:57 AM by KingMike_OS »

Offline ifrgtmyname

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2008, 08:33:35 AM »
wow! that takes some serious skills

scrape it with exacto knife I/Q board than apply flux to the wire that should do the trick

good idea, thanks
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:39:08 AM by ifrgtmyname »

Offline sniper07

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2008, 03:04:38 PM »
 :w00t:
KingMike_OS just fixed my spitfire controller (026 controller) and salvaged a second one (004 controller) that I really f'd up on. Salvaged one lost right motor during the operation. But I gotta hand it to KingMike_OS, he salvaged it even though it wouldn't turn on at first.
Really nice job, got the package on wednesday, shipped monday I believe.
Can highly recommend this person, very reliable,skilled and knowledgeable.

Was able to fix my mess, tried to do a spitfire myself but my skills are not sufficient yet, still have a lot to learn. Did I mention the controller he fixed still had the rumble motors. That's pretty tricky.

Shipping is top-notch. Controllers rode in bubble wrap and foam pellets, Priority mail.

Thanks KingMike_OS
 :#1: :tup:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:20:43 PM by sniper07 »

Offline Dyer13

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »
I was just wondering why exactly you can't just use any controller. Why does it have to be a ...026? What about the ...024 (white wireless, came with arcade bundle). Why can't you use a 004 and just rout the wires to the button points?

EDIT: After thinking about it, I came up with two possibilities. Do the 026 controllers use a different clock frequency to activate the buttons than the other controllers? If this is the case, then you would just need a different crystal with the correct frequency for the other controllers, right?
If this is not the case, then you could hook optocouplers to the I/O pins, which you could then hook to the button pins. When the IC's pins are "activated" it would trigger the optocouplers which would close the circuit of each button. It would basically just be an electronic way to push the buttons/triggers.

Also, will the JDM style programmers work with the ic? I bought one and two IC's off ebay, so I hope it will work.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:48:03 PM by Dyer13 »

Offline Serb

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2008, 06:25:07 PM »
Could you do me a favour and post a picture of the back of a controller which shows where the additional buttons are? I already made one controller but im going attempt my 2nd controller as the first one stopped working, and i would like to know what the best position is for drilling the holes in the back of the controller so that the rumble fits

thanks

Offline Dyer13

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2008, 06:46:21 PM »
You guys should use small tactile switches instead of the big honkin' beasts you are using now. They will easily fit with the rumble motors still there.

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »
I like my big honkin' beasts its easyer to press it and feel like normal switch like the controller.
and i can still have both rumble's install.

I was just wondering why exactly you can't just use any controller. Why does it have to be a ...026? What about the ...024 (white wireless, came with arcade bundle). Why can't you use a 004 and just rout the wires to the button points

The Split fire mod can be done on any model controller. dose not have to be X801769-026.

now is you have a X801769-026 than you be able to do macros combo that mean you can program the chip to do any combo with the face bottons EX :A+A+X+X+Y  A+Y+X and etx, on the 2nd switch

Why Only X801769-026 and not other ones will the model X801769-026 it has a constant Voltage on all Switches A B X Y so its like a standard switch  open / close .. 

But all other controller the have diff  frequency ranging from [1 -255] and it diff for each switch
so what we can do is some one with a lot of time "not me no way in hell" program the chip with
frequency 1 - 255 one at a time till we find the right frequency pules "key press" for that  switch  so the pic can emulated .

So some one find me the right frequency for each key and each model of controller i think there are 4  and we can have the code for all controllers that can controller the macro. 

Offline Dyer13

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2008, 10:36:07 AM »
lol.. well as long as you're happy! I like the big ones also, but if you are concerned for space, the tactiles would definitely be an option. The big ones are also more expensive...so I think for my controller I'll use the big honkin' ones, and use tactiles on the controllers I make for other people.

So it is confirmed that the ...024 controller is different from the ...026? I would think that with a model number that close, the boards would be the same but the plastic would be different.
I would find out the frequencies, but I don't have an oscilloscope :/   ;)

Offline oO-YARD_APE-Oo

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2008, 11:20:08 AM »
How do u download stuff on the 16F84A chip

Offline Dyer13

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
You need some sort of IC Programmer and a compiler.

KingMike, is there any way to have the circuit scroll through each frequency almost instantaneously?

Offline turdburgalar

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2008, 08:06:12 PM »
hey i was wonderin if the picture on reply number 43 is the right wiring for the wired controller mod and if not if u could send me a picture of the right wiring for it and i also need to know if u have any more detailed instructions on where the wires from the socket hook up to and where the wires of the pic chip hook up to

its a great mod im hopin i can finish it soon thanks

Offline turdburgalar

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2008, 08:27:37 PM »
hey do u have to download the hex code if u got the chip from the website that it sends u to when u click on pic16f84a and if so how do u download it

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2008, 10:58:35 AM »
yes the chips from mouser that the link send you are blank you need a programmer to flash it

Or you can buy it preflash from our Store

http://wiredinput.com/ShopUSA/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=32

or need to buy a programmer if you want to do it your self

http://www.imagesco.com/microcontroller/pic-programmers.html

And i don;t know what reply 43 picture you talking about i need page number and who made the post

and the wiring is the same on wire controller just need a 100K resiter insted of the 4.7 one since the wire controller power is 5 V from the usb Port.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:11:12 AM by KingMike_OS »

Offline Dyer13

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2008, 01:42:58 PM »
EDIT: Ok, so I have been reading everything I can find on programming the 16f84a and have learned quite a bit. There is somewhere in the code to input the value 0-255. The problem is I do not have the original C code for the spitfire mod. All I have is the hex file, and I do not know where this 0-255 value is, else I'd just manually hex edit it with each edited value. Does anyone have the C/basic code that the hex is based off?

But all other controller the have diff  frequency ranging from [1 -255] and it diff for each switch
so what we can do is some one with a lot of time "not me no way in hell" program the chip with
frequency 1 - 255 one at a time till we find the right frequency pules "key press" for that  switch  so the pic can emulated .

Ok KingMike, I was thinking more about what you said here and I realized that might have misunderstood what you meant. So are you saying that the resolution to the problem we are having with the non "026" controllers lies within the hex code, and not the physical electronic configuration? Is there somewhere in the hex code where you can put in a value of 1-255 so the PIC can create the right pulse?

If there are 255 possibilities for each button, and there are 12 buttons (not counting the triggers) that would be worth using for macros. That means there are 3060 possibilities to find the right values. How many times can the PIC's be flashed? What is the value used for the triggers? Can you copy the section of hex code that contains this info, and make the 1-255 value in red or something so I know what to look for? In what program did you compile the code?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 08:56:26 PM by Dyer13 »

Offline turdburgalar

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2008, 03:28:53 PM »
it is on page 2 and it was made by king mike os it is reply #43 do u have any more detailed instructions on where we put the microchip and where all of the wires hook up to

Offline fronk

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2008, 09:37:18 AM »
im sorry, but i can not find a tutorial on an 8 pin, im not looking to have changing PIC's either...Can someone point my in the direction of an 8 pin tutorial? Just for dual rapid fire where u push the bottons not the triggers? also where can i get hex files for 8 pin PIC's? i can tell u a more specefic PIC if needed

Nemesis, I am also interested in this mod.  Can you send me the same info?

Thanks.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2008, 10:12:15 AM »
Nemesis, I am also interested in this mod.  Can you send me the same info?

Thanks.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=20459.0

though some say it isnt working, try it and see if it does, if not then wait for kingmike to release the working hex code

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »
it is on page 2 and it was made by king mike os it is reply #43 do u have any more detailed instructions on where we put the microchip and where all of the wires hook up to

ok the top right corner the 2 picture are the same thing .. one is the digram on top and the

other is build by me so if you can see the are 5 wire ... pin 16 15 14 gose to the pic 16F84A

on the main picture and there are power and ground.

i can't make it any more simpler.  :victory:

If you doing this mod on a wired controller for the power you need a 100k Resister

Radio Shack Part # 271-1247 since the wired controller get it's power from USB and its 5V.

Now if still having problem getting the digram than send in your controller and have me

moded or you can order new kit that on a 8 pin chip only 3 wire to install and takes about 5

min it comes pre wire all you do wire the power /ground/ and middle pin on trigger and your

done. the kit is 8.99 +  shipping and come  pre wire do need to drill the hole for the switch
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 05:19:48 PM by KingMike_OS »

Offline ifrgtmyname

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2008, 05:21:17 AM »
Hey there people, me again, I was looking into making a simpler rapidfire controller mod. I have a spare PIC 18 pin from Mike.

Basically I want this mod to be a lot like the 8 pin mod but I can't find a code for that! so using the 18 pin chip could I simply ground the pins for:

LT
RB
LB
A
B
X
Y?

Also the mode hopping switch would not be needed so what should I do with that? I was also wandering whether I would even need to ground the pins listed above or should I just snip them off?

please let me know whether you think this would work, I may be an absolutely schoolboy error on my side but I'm not sure :confused:

thanks,

-Elliot

Offline Biomenece

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »
If i just want a trigger mod, can i use a 12c508a (got a bunch laying about). I use pic-basic. what do i put the delay for?

Offline corby7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2008, 07:52:15 PM »
Sorry to say but that PIC on the outside of the controller looks cheesy. What about hooking your mic in, does it not interfere?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2008, 08:28:32 PM »
Sorry to say but that PIC on the outside of the controller looks cheesy. What about hooking your mic in, does it not interfere?

How is it cheesy?

It is so if they want to program it different they can take it out........... Lets see you put it in a better spot

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2008, 11:49:18 PM »
Hey there people, me again, I was looking into making a simpler rapidfire controller mod. I have a spare PIC 18 pin from Mike.

Basically I want this mod to be a lot like the 8 pin mod but I can't find a code for that! so using the 18 pin chip could I simply ground the pins for:

LT
RB
LB
A
B
X
Y?

Also the mode hopping switch would not be needed so what should I do with that? I was also wandering whether I would even need to ground the pins listed above or should I just snip them off?

please let me know whether you think this would work, I may be an absolutely schoolboy error on my side but I'm not sure

thanks,

-Elliot

if you doing the splitfire mod on any other controller other than X801769-026  you don't need to hook up all dose other points all you need it the right switch power ground and right trigger and right bumper. and don't have to ground other points. just don't use them.

Or you can do the 8 pin 12F683 Rapid fire on one switch or 2 read here for information and code.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=21354.0

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2008, 03:43:30 AM »
That's so cool! I have to try that out sometimes!

was it really neccesary to quote the whole thing??

Offline K313k

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2008, 09:59:29 AM »
I like to do things for cheap. So I received a PIC for free (Don't ask how), and I'm not sure if it will work or not. It's a 16LF84A instead of the 16F84A. It's spec's are exactly the same and you can find it on the same site as the 16F84A. And the Data sheet for it is the same as the 16F. Will it work? I haven't bought (or made) and PIC flasher yet and want to know before I start investing money into this.

Offline jhyphinwill

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »

Click here for 1024X768

would it be possible to rapid fire "A" without the additional 18 pin chip. I have your programed 8 pin chip. I can get a constant rapid using the circled yellow pin but its glitchy it switches between "RB", "Down" on the D-pad and "A". I am using pin 6 from the 8 pin chip, and the circled yellow to an additional switch but its constant and cannot be controlled from the actual "A" button. So I want to add a sleeper button on off to the "A" button. hopefully you can understand what I am trying to explain. thanks

**EDIT**
I can now control from actual "A" Button, using the other "A" pin circled in red, but still performs other buttons as well (Down D-Pad, RB, A) is there a different pin?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:11:06 PM by jhyphinwill »

Offline Jouki

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2008, 02:17:32 PM »
Which pins would we be able to use on the PIC16F628A for just a normal rapid fire mod? I've used your COD$ all models hex and prgrammed my chip, now I just need to know what pins go to where.

Offline ifrgtmyname

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2008, 07:00:03 PM »
was it really neccesary to quote the whole thing??

agreed, can a mod delete that? I have bandwidth issues as it is :S

thanks for the info earlier mike, i forgot i posted on this thread

Offline thejez

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2008, 09:22:15 AM »
EDIT: Ok, so I have been reading everything I can find on programming the 16f84a and have learned quite a bit. There is somewhere in the code to input the value 0-255. The problem is I do not have the original C code for the spitfire mod. All I have is the hex file, and I do not know where this 0-255 value is, else I'd just manually hex edit it with each edited value. Does anyone have the C/basic code that the hex is based off?

did you ever get a copy of the source?  I am also interested in getting a copy of the source for the hex.

EDIT: i figured it out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:38:37 AM by thejez »

Offline Jake_needshelp

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2008, 09:43:16 PM »
I need someone to mod my controller

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal