Author Topic: Hotmail server client thingie  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
Hotmail server client thingie
« on: April 05, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »
I'm not on my PC all the time so I downloaded a client to see my emails on my PSP.

It is asking me for:
ACCOUNT DETAILS
Email address
Reply to
OUTGOING SERVER
Address
Port
TLS
Username
Password
INCOMING SERVER
Address
Port
TLS
Username
Password

I need to know what to put in these boxes for hotmail :S.
It is confusing the :censored: out of me :(
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
Re: Hotmail server client thingie
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:27:56 PM »
you want imap or pop3 for hotmail? ha! hotmail is terrible, it has no imap or pop3 (so i couldnt get it on my ipod touch)

i opened up a gmail to have hotmail forward all my emails to so i could get it on my ipod....hotmail will only forward to other microsoft accounts...stupid, terrible, no pop3 or imap

moral of the story: switch to gmail...i did, got all my accounts and everything swtiched and i'm happy
gmail has imap so you should be able to get it on your psp like i get it on my ipod...once you (if you) switch, tell me and ican give you the incoming and outgoing mail server info....

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
Re: Hotmail server client thingie
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
you want imap or pop3 for hotmail? ha! hotmail is terrible, it has no imap or pop3 (so i couldnt get it on my ipod touch)

i opened up a gmail to have hotmail forward all my emails to so i could get it on my ipod....hotmail will only forward to other microsoft accounts...stupid, terrible, no pop3 or imap

moral of the story: switch to gmail...i did, got all my accounts and everything swtiched and i'm happy
gmail has imap so you should be able to get it on your psp like i get it on my ipod...once you (if you) switch, tell me and ican give you the incoming and outgoing mail server info....
what he said!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal