Author Topic: My DS isn't working either(what a coincidence)  (Read 2393 times)

Offline eovnu87435ds@mac.com

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
My DS isn't working either(what a coincidence)
« on: April 12, 2008, 07:58:39 PM »
OK, now this has me completely confused. I had taken apart my ds phat to change cases, I put it back together, and now it wont turn on! I am sure it is not the battery because i swapped with a friends, and I double and triple checked every ribbon cable. The only thing that I have not tested was the fuses, because I do not really know where they are and I don't have a multi-meter to test them with.
What happens is When I go to turn it on, absolutley nothing happens. Screens don't flicker, LEDs dont light up, nothing. When I plug it in, the orange light goes on for half a second and turns off. If I press the power button during that time while the orange light is on, the green LED flickers and the speakers momentarily turn on. The screens do nothing.
Please, Please say its something small and simple. I am going on a 12 hr bus ride for the FRC competition in atlanta this tuesday, and the entire team is filled with mario kart addicts. I dont have the extra cash on me so buyin a new one is out of the question.
Please Help!

EDIT: Also, if someone happens to know where to find a circuitry diagram for the DS phat it would prolly help out...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:25:17 PM by eovnu87435ds@mac.com »
Give a man fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: My DS isn't working either(what a coincidence)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:58:45 PM »
Im guessing its most likely your fuse.  Try putting a flat head screw driver on it to connect the two sides or just go right ahead and bridge it.  If you have a multimeter that would work best and use the connectivity option on it.

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 09:55:22 PM »
thanks! there's just 2 problems. I dont have a soldering iron and i dont know where the fuses are located on the ds phat mobo. fortunatley, i will be able to use the school;s iron on monday, so that takes care of that. can u tell or show me where the fuses are?

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 09:08:11 AM »
UPDATE: I soldered over the fuses now and there is some progress, but I don't think that they were the only problem. I soldered the F1 and F2 fuses, and reconnected all ribbon cables. Now, instead of it not doing a single thing, I can turn it on, the green LED turns on for one second, the screens flicker and it shuts off. Now I have not a single clue as to what's going on now. Any advice?

Oh, and sorry for double-posting.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »
I think that means that your screens are not connected all the way try connecting the screens again

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 03:38:10 PM »
Yeah. If you're top screen is flashing, it means your bottom screen ain't hooked up correctly, and vice versa.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal