Author Topic: i have a new idea to add more battery supply to the psp  (Read 1449 times)

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
i have a new idea to add more battery supply to the psp
« on: April 13, 2008, 04:33:58 PM »
is it possible to take psp slim batterys open them and take out the actual battery inside the slim battery and wire it up to the psp phat and put them in the umd drive area

i think that the psp slim battery is smaller and probably could fit more of them in the psp then phat batterys but correct me if i am wrong

also can anyone help me on how to wire this

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: i have a new idea to add more battery supply to the psp
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »
lol, batteries are simple. i dont think your idea would work, but here is how it works:

if you solder two batteries that have 1 volt in each, and you solder them positive to negative, you get 2 volts, but the same battery life.

i you solder positive to positive, negative to negative, you get longer life. so, get like 10 AA batteries and solder them togther and take out the battery inside the battery, and solder it on.

oh... and can you still get me a dlink router or is that dropped?

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 09:00:38 PM »
thanx for the help and i don't think i can get the dlink but one of my friends has a couple other kinds that is if he hasn't sold them but i will ask him sometime this week and wouldn't putting the battery in the slim be the same as putting in the 10AA but alot smaller

"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »
i think u mught be able to get it workin, just solder the power part on the battery to the place u solder ur wires for the usb charge mod

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:07:45 PM »
their is a post done close to this  few months back and their might be some very help full info on the batteries that may help in adding on more of them. i cant remember the name of the post but it is lingering some were around here i ill look in to search to see if i can find it and tell you when we get on im.
Update: one minute later.
well this wasn't what i rembered but i guess i was wrong but here is using cellphone batteries.
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14673.0
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 10:13:30 PM by gameking21 »

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 11:47:41 PM »
hehe u realise you can just pop a phat battery into a slim it just sticks out the back a bit :tup: My mates dad fixes old cell phones and my mate got like 12 3.7v cell batts and wired em up to the circut board in a phat battery (with the old battery part removed) and his psp lasts for like 2 months without charging the bats bad thing is he has a 2kg 10cm squared box of batts mounted on the back of his psp  :rofl:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 03:50:07 AM »
hehe u realise you can just pop a phat battery into a slim it just sticks out the back a bit :tup:

ermmm lol what happens if u wanna but the battrey cover on

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 04:36:16 AM »
GhoSt_Death ya i know i can pop a phat battery in a slim but i am trying to get the battery in the slim battery to hook up to my psp phat

UPDATE= well i also want to know if i hook up the cellphone/psp slim batterys on my phat will they charge with my normal charger or will i have to take them out and charge them some other way 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:40:08 AM by j.s2ghetto »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal