Author Topic: AVG Free found CloseApp.exe, says its dangerous  (Read 4954 times)

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
AVG Free found CloseApp.exe, says its dangerous
« on: May 16, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »
^ title, and i google'd it and found this

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t36694.html

one thing i kept in mind is i JUST got the new avg 8.0, and this is my first scan with it

and in one of the last posts someone mentions that VTP uses it, and i have VTP (made me figure its okay)

am i ok?

Offline Onii

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: AVG Free found CloseApp.exe, says its dangerous
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 02:28:25 PM »
You should be fine. I'm not familiar with that "infection" myself, but AVG tends to say alot of things are infected when they aren't. My first scan on a computer that had been built and running for less then 10 mins and AVG said that there was already a problem with it (Shell32.DLL, result: Change), and there clearly couldn't have been. The issue (with my case atleast) is already well known, and I just ignore alot of what it says (since it still tells me that the SAME problem is still there). I read into CloseApp.exe a bit and don't think that the one you have is a virus. Just make sure to google anything that it claims that it can't heal before you delete it or anything like that.

By the way, AVG is a great anti-virus tool. I was pen testing a few computers that I had and still had the program I used to do it on this computer, well as I was writing this and lookin up your infection it deleted the tool I used to do it lol.. Atleast I know it's workin! Anyways, just thought I would give you some good news. :tup:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 02:31:09 PM by Onii »

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
Re: AVG Free found CloseApp.exe, says its dangerous
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 02:41:58 PM »
kthx :D

2 days w/o reply...

but yeah things have been working normally anyways,thx for giving me a bit of peace o' mind

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal